Hood problem

96MXBlaster

Jun 20, 2010
SD
ok i got a maier hood for christmas. the problem is it hit my headlight its a 1988- 2002 setup well it will fit if i take the headlight off. but my dad doesnt want me to take of the headlight. so i was thinking to make redneck spacers. heres my idea
take cut up little peices of metal and drill a hole through the pieces of metal and put them over the holes where the bumber mounts on so the bumber would go out further so the hood doesnt get caught on the edge on the bumber then the headlight and bumber wouldnt be a problem. what do you guys think? i will get pics asap

Reactions: Triple_B
ok i got a maier hood for christmas. the problem is it hit my headlight its a 1988- 2002 setup well it will fit if i take the headlight off. but my dad doesnt want me to take of the headlight. so i was thinking to make redneck spacers. heres my idea
take cut up little peices of metal and drill a hole through the pieces of metal and put them over the holes where the bumber mounts on so the bumber would go out further so the hood doesnt get caught on the edge on the bumber then the headlight and bumber wouldnt be a problem. what do you guys think? i will get pics asap

the new hood with the old light would look gay as sh*t tell your dad to stop being a lil biotch and let you take off the light but what i would suggets you do is make a bracket and buy the new light thats meant for the hood

the new hood with the old light would look gay as sh*t tell your dad to stop being a lil biotch and let you take off the light but what i would suggets you do is make a bracket and buy the new light thats meant for the hood

Really Dude??? 8-|Would you tell your dad to stop being a little biotch??? Cause if you were my son and you did I would knock your little ass out. Anyway 89 Blaster Pics would definately help. Maybe someone else here has the same hood and could tell you what they did to make it clear.

Ok I'm not going to tell my dad what u said that was very retarded and it say fit 1988 through 2002 I was thinking bout wallly lights

completely unnessesary comment dude....and i know ur dad wouldnt appreiciate someone saying that about him

Really Dude??? 8-|Would you tell your dad to stop being a little biotch??? Cause if you were my son and you did I would knock your little ass out. Anyway 89 Blaster Pics would definately help. Maybe someone else here has the same hood and could tell you what they did to make it clear.

ahahhahahahahaha

dont listen to the dumb ass that said tell your dad to quit being a lil biotch.

Instead of cutting little pieces of metal and drilling holes i would def find some washers and shim it that way. since its a race hood i would do the wally light install as mentioned above...itll look way better...

jeeze must be a bad past month on here, lots of hostility and douche bags making irrational comments. whats up with that. thought we were family on here

Last edited:
I would try to help you but I don't have my stock headlight to work with.Pics would help so we can see where and how ita hitting the hood.

i would go with some driving lights like walmart lights (wally lights)and "bumber" is spelt bumPer with a "P"