Homemade Wheel spacers ??

Nativeer3

Sep 8, 2009
I've been looking to purchase some wheel spacers but , after looking at them it wouldn't be hard to make some yourself . So i got this idea at work to make some of my own , well got me some schedule 40 pipe 2'' long , 3/8'' bolts x 3 1/2'' long . These will work just as the same as the 4'' lug style spacers .

Came home and punched the OEM lugs out , slid 3/8 '' bolt through bolt hole , then pipe , tire with washer and nut , tightened down with impact .TEST TIME !!!!

So at first I was worried how these would hold up , started the Blaster and ripped up the fields and trails at the house for a few hours and it ran great !!!

I know that i'm probably going to get burned on this about how weak they are and how Ghetto but I'm a pretty heavy guy and ride hard and they help up good on the first test

Blasterwheelspacers041.jpg

I rode these real hard today and did feel more stability in the trails around tight curves didn't tip sideways on me like the norm . Again this is just for some trials , not finished product YET ! I weigh 220 pounds and jumped these today ( no major air ) just some small ones and i have to say i'm kinda of surprised :) More riding tomorrow going to hit the mountain with some friends and really get on it .

As long as you got grade 8 hardware I wouldn't worry.I have the bolt on stud extentions on the front and besides being a lug nut with a stud it ain't far off from ur setup

Day two did very well today on the trails , gave it hell the whole time , everything's still intact and sturdy . Also the hardware is 8 grade bolts .

grade 8 bolts will prolly stand up to as much as the exentions you get off ebay. Only problem I have with them is that pipe nipple, and if they happen to come loose it would really tear stuff up.