Homemade Wheel spacers ??

The diameter of your pipe is where you get your strength. The bigger the pipes o.d. the stronger it will be. See if 2 1/2 pipe will work. I would tack a washer on the pipe so it would'nt cut into my wheel. Good job though, I like to see people use their head and not just spend cash.

The diameter of your pipe is where you get your strength. The bigger the pipes o.d. the stronger it will be. See if bigger o.d. pipe will work. I would tack a washer on the pipe so it would'nt cut into my wheel also. Good job though, I like to see people use their head and not just spend cash.

Last edited:
Here's the same idea we did to an LT80. We pressed a flange nut into the tube so they stay in place when the wheel is removed and gives a little better contact surface for the wheel. They have held up to years of adults wheeling & bicycling on the LT80 but I don't believe this kinda setup would survive our Blasters. That said, I don't think they are a safety risk if you keep them tight. If they bend you just replace them :) IMHO

wheelextentions006.jpg

The diameter of your pipe is where you get your strength. The bigger the pipes o.d. the stronger it will be. See if 2 1/2 pipe will work. I would tack a washer on the pipe so it would'nt cut into my wheel. Good job though, I like to see people use their head and not just spend cash.

The diameter of your pipe is where you get your strength. The bigger the pipes o.d. the stronger it will be. See if bigger o.d. pipe will work. I would tack a washer on the pipe so it would'nt cut into my wheel also. Good job though, I like to see people use their head and not just spend cash.

double post........??