home made tracked vehical

got some more parts today for the tracked vehical picked up a 5 speed peerless tranny and foot control, belt clutch/ idler wheel assembly, seat bracket, and misc control rods all for free =D
CP051709003.jpg

CP051709004.jpg

CP051709005.jpg

CP051709006.jpg

CP051709007.jpg

sweet, yeah those 6 wheel ambphibious vehicals are pretty cool, like i always say if you cant afford to buy it build it

the local guy me and my unclle know has bunch of old mowers, parts ect... and i also got a arctic cat mini bike for free the motor is tight and is missing some parts but someday she'll get restored i have seem then sell for 4 $1500 =D

tracked1.jpg

tracked2.jpg

tracked3.jpg

tracked4.jpg

tracked5.jpg

tracked6.jpg

and heres tha arctic cat mini bike w/ the sax engine
CP051709002.jpg

CP051709006.jpg

got my tranny all polished up for the most part today on the bench grinder/ wire wheel, next thing is to do is to make the custom shift lever, its gonna be fun to get all the controls for the gear box, and then the 2 independant idler wheel assemblies that engage or disengage each independent drive axle haha

CP051709013.jpg

CP051709014.jpg

CP051709015.jpg

i was just trying to get a rough idea of where thigng will be and how much room i'll have for the controls ect... haha
CP051709009.jpg

Yeah a little work every day and shell be done during the summer and then in aug. i leave for college (YTI) but i going to take it over to my buddies garage to work on it for a while so i have the mower parts on hand that i will need, i just got to get the pullies got the engine the tranny, then the 2 smaller pullies that mound on to each end of the jack shaft, 1 60 tooth sprocket that is also on the jack shaft that the tranny sprocket runs to, then the two 6" od plies that the v belts run up to then make the idler wheel assemblies with levers and rods, independent brakes, and a lot more work haha

thxs na the motor is tight ik where there is a really nice one that has been kept inside for most of its life and would be an easy restoration for $300 so im selling mine to a freind to buy that one hopefully, but im not sure yet i could use the $ for the drive parts for the track vehical =]