High idle issue

Sparrow89

Dec 24, 2011
LaHarpe Illinois
ok so working on my boss's blaster got it all runnin good except one thing VERY high idle tried to ride it a bit and see if it would temper down boy was i wrong got to 5th on a dark gravel road at 10pm let off the throttle she just kept goin faster and faster...throttle cable slip? im not sure but the carb is set where it always has been no issues before wen the engine was in my blaster but now that is happening...how should i go about adjusting the cable if it is or is it somthing else? please help

First, check to make sure the carb slide is not backwards.Second, check your cable routing. Third, check for an air leak.

I have the same problem. i took my carb off to rejet and put it back on and now it idles really high even with the idle turned the whole way down. i only changed the main jet. i dont have an air leak. does adjusting the needle clip position effect the idle and what is the idle slide and what way should it be?

oil injection inlet blocked off ???? if mixing gas/oil.

Mainly the pilot/airscrew position controls idle , however the needle has a very small effect probably not noticeable at all.

Mainly the pilot/airscrew position controls idle , however the needle has a very small effect probably not noticeable at all.

The slide works in conjunction with the pilot and airscrew, and can cause a high idle if not bottomed to its stop, as it will allow more air to enter.

The slide works in conjunction with the pilot and airscrew, and can cause a high idle if not bottomed to its stop.

I keep forgetting there is a difference between a keihin and mikuni, small difference but a difference!

Thanks homie!

ok so got to work on it today all new gaskets now and good to go or so i thought got the carb set and good to go went to start now i have now spark AGAIN!!! ugghhh...im done with it for a week or so lol

oh and forgot to throw this in...coil is good same as cdi and all that good stuff but i had to swap the whole wiring harness last time to get spark did it possibly ruin the new harness?

Time to start at the stator, check blk/red wire, then thye wht/red wire, if that all ohms out good the plug all back in check the orange wire going to the coil with a test light. if ya got good light there , Swap out a known good coil, as I've had bad readings on one but it worked good! If all that checks out swap CDI box and try that