97 Blaster will not idle!

gaberose20

Sep 5, 2020
I have a 97 blaster that runs fine. Just replaced piston, rings, cylinder, head, ignition coil, spark plug, carb. Starts up first kick, runs like a champ. Except idling, it will not idle and i have messed with the idle speed screw and it seems to have absolutely no effect on the idle. Please help! Tried adjusting throttle cable with no help also

I have a 97 blaster that runs fine. Just replaced piston, rings, cylinder, head, ignition coil, spark plug, carb. Starts up first kick, runs like a champ. Except idling, it will not idle and i have messed with the idle speed screw and it seems to have absolutely no effect on the idle. Please help! Tried adjusting throttle cable with no help also
This sounds like a Chinese rebuild kit?

Very good posts from some of the foremost authorities on the forum, I will go one more and say the bottom end seals are bad and if the OP went from an original TORS carb set up to a chinese carb but didn't correctly bypass the TORS, the idle will only rev to IIRC 1250 rpm's. Leaking seals would make it idle high but the TORS would shut it down.