HELP!!!

jonnyboyz

Jan 10, 2012
hey guys im new to the board i was wondering if i could possibly have some help im good on working on things an what not but this 2001 blaster is kicking my ass ive searched around the fourm but im not getting an exact answer so heres the problem the quad will start run idle u just cant shift it in any gear i think the bike is stuck in 5 an i cant tell if its a bent shifter or is it an internal thing i took the clutch sideing off and i looked under the clutch plates an see this lil pice that i would assume is souppose to be on the shifter star bit its not i tried to look for the name but it seems like they just sell the whole shifter assembly does anyone know what im talking about before i ype anymore. :-/

Rock the quad back and fourth while shifting down if shifter won't move few possiblities, #1- it's in 1st gear and has no where else to go
#2- shaft is bent and not engaging the star
#3- something is wedged or broken in the shift drum
That's all i can think of of top of my head.

Have to add while quad is off!

6209c646.jpg

What part are you talking about?

cant really see the pic that good but its the one that latches on to the star nibbs its kinda bent an i pushed my hand on it so it would catch the star nibbs and told my buddy to try an shift the gear it will shift into 2 gears but no nuetral will shift up an down 1 or 2 times chain is really tight is that pice souppose to be on the star nibbs ???

ding ding ding lol thats it i was trying to take pics of it but they kept coming out sh*tty that 1 little pice could stop the quad from shifting into gears ?? ill pull it out when i get to the shop. take some pics its pretty cold out right now

ding ding ding lol thats it i was trying to take pics of it but they kept coming out sh*tty that 1 little pice could stop the quad from shifting into gears ?? ill pull it out when i get to the shop. take some pics its pretty cold out right now

Yip that little piece can! I've never seen one bend but i have see the springs break.

PS I hear ya about the cold!!

so when ordering parts im gonna need a shifter and a spring or just start with the shifter cheapest fix i live by 1st 25 bucks for a new 1

an the shifter shaft is pretty much a self explanatory fix take out old 1 lube up new one slide in an she should shift would i need to take off the clutch plates to replace it ...

I'm pretty sure I removed the clutch basket as it wouldn't clear. Clean off the shaft good, ya don't want to pull crap into the motor- pull it out gently so ya don't mess up the oil seal lip on the otherside. if it's bent it's gonna suck coming out just be easy with it!