HELP

byrnes

Jun 24, 2009
NJ
my blaster has bee frustrating me to ride it some times id say once my quad is warmed up about 85% of the time it doesnt want to shift past second gear but sometimes it does then its fine any ideas?

when's the last time you changed the oil with good 2 stroke gear lube ????

could be a shift star problem, or bent shift fork
change oil, then check shift star, then split the cases to check tranny

Any oil designed for wet clutch, or you can use Ford ATF, just change it more often.
I would pull the clutch cover and look at the shift star and mech before refilling, gotta drain it anyway.

can you go through the gears with the quad not running try and see if you can even select all the gears, it shouldn't matter whether the quad is hot or not shifting is a mechanical issue heat shouldn't play much into its function

can you go through the gears with the quad not running try and see if you can even select all the gears, it shouldn't matter whether the quad is hot or not shifting is a mechanical issue heat shouldn't play much into its function

Is this while you are riding it, or while it's off sitting still? :-/

off sitting still, put it in the air, put it in 1st then just keep trying to go up in gears, you will have to keep moving the rear tires back and forth to have the gears in the trans move far enough to shift, or if its on the ground just roll it back and forth each time you shift up in a gear and see what happens