Help!!

mnta9294

Jun 25, 2011
I have an 85 (I think) Blaster that just quit not sure what the problem is first thing when I would kick start it it seemed to only catch in one spot , but would then start right up, next problem the old man was riding it and he said it blew flames and quit like it dont shift or anything. I don't know how to fix it or if it is even worth fixing all I know is that I have 5 kids and that is my exscape from madness for a min. I am pretty much broke and don't know any locals to help to fix either but also don't know what I could ask for it if I decided to sell it and try and find another cheapy to get away once in awhile.... Any ideas??? Thank You

I honestly can't answer that. Someone here will find the solution at the most reasonable cost for you though! I:I

As for the year, they started making blasters in 1988. To find the year you have, you could run the VIN through the link below. There were almost no changes from 1988 - 2002. 2003 - 2006(7 in some areas) have new plastics and headlight and brake systems. All engine parts are compatible, however. So this will probably make your fix easy to find. Good luck! I:I

Yamaha VIN Decoder @ Motoverse.com

not sure man we would need a lot more info to try and determine what is wrong with it. I would never push anyone to sell a blaster!

Well if you blew flames out the exhaust where the pipe meets the motor then your motor might not be good. Did you guys make sure your mixing the right oil ratio or fill up your oil res? I blew up a 75 Suzuki tm 125 jumping road approaches at full throttle and it blew flames out the exhaust when it went.

Last edited: