Help with cfm air box

rgpannell

Jan 1, 2010
Northeast Mississippi.
Ok I got my cfm air box installed but when I went to hook it up to the carb no go. I am running a 34mm pj carb. Its like the pipe is too short and it needs to come up but it cant because it hits the frame any body had this prob and/or know how to fix it?

The last one I bought just came with a fernco fitting that they wanted me to cut in half and use as the boot.Sorry not happening.It does sit close but should have no problems fitting it.Here is a link to the place to buy the correct boot and also alot nicer.Buy the clamps with it.I just bought 2 of these and they are sweet.Here is the link if you do a search for silicone intakes posted by me you will see the exact dimensions to order.I have 3 of these boxes so if I can be of any help to a lineman lmk.

Intake Pipe Reducer

/\/\/\ good answer grasshopper, the correct size is 2.5 x 2.25
i run this too, works great
and you shouldnt have permanently mounted the box till it was hooked to the carb, mine worked better with custom mounts

Reactions: rgpannell
reps for than intake boot link. I made a stepped boot myself. It works but its not right. I'm buying one of these, just gotta figure out what size. Will search.

That link is a keeper. Much nicer looking than my plumbing store coupler and a lot more oil resistant. That link should be in a sticky where it will be easy to find.

Just took a second look, love their clamps and they have pretty much everything for custom intake work. Very cool. Obviously a turbo fabbing site, but they have lots of stuff that we can use too. I like the finned pre-intercooler tubes, just trying to figure out what i would do with em.

Last edited:
Turbo couplers and clamps are heavy duty and work GREAT on our quads.

I used a turbo coupler and some clamps to make my stock tube mate to my 28mm, and the cool thing about it is I can go up to a 30 without modification if I needed to.

2.25 back of a 34mm pj is 2 1/4" , cfm box is 2.5
between dually and i, we have 3 of these, 2.25 x 2.5 work awsome!!!!!