HELP my clutch is stuck!!!!

masterblaster22

Mar 1, 2010
northeast ohio
hello i just bought an 02 blaster yfs 200. when i pull the clutch the cable moves and pulls the lever on the side of the tranmission but when its in gear and i pull the clutch and try to move the 4 wheeler it stays in gear. any idea what is wrong and how i can fix this. it did sit for a couple years before i picked it up.
thanks for any help you can give.

what weight oil u running and how cold is it. my blasty had the same issue when it was like 15 degrees out and i was running 90 weight. change the oil to some lighter weight stuff if its cold and let the thing warm up for a while. i think i threw the 80 belray in mine..no problems

Welcome to the site bro.....

First you should change the gear box oil if you havent done so already. It could also be in the shafts and little ball that go from the clutch arm to the pressure plate.

had the same problem once bro, that little ball and shaft fioz600r was talking about. well the ball welded itself to that rod and i lost my clutch. had to replace the shaft and ball then it worked just fine.

I would drain the tranny oil and put in some 10w40 oil let it warm up and see what happens. Keep us posted on your progress bro.......

i wont get a chance to work on it til friday. is "bel ray" an additive. and i hear the oil injection tube clogs up on blasters and the best thing to do is just put premix in. what do you think and what ratio if premix is the way to go. thanks

i wont get a chance to work on it til friday. is "bel ray" an additive. and i hear the oil injection tube clogs up on blasters and the best thing to do is just put premix in. what do you think and what ratio if premix is the way to go. thanks

The oil injection is known to fail and sieze up the engine. You can delete the oil injection and premix at 32:1. There is a sticky on removing the oil injection in the engine section.
As for is Belray an additive how do you mean?

Belray makes alot of differant products for quads and dirtbikes. Like tranny oil, 2cycle oil, shock oils, chain lubes and so on. I run Belray MC-1 2cycle in all my toys.

you guys were telling me to run 10-40 oil in the transmision but then said somthing about bel ray 80w so i wasnt sure what to use.
im rebuilding the top end this weekend so i'll probobly try to eliminate the oil injection. is it pretty easy or is kinda tricky to get out of there or can i just block off the oil tank?

you guys were telling me to run 10-40 oil in the transmision but then said somthing about bel ray 80w so i wasnt sure what to use.
im rebuilding the top end this weekend so i'll probobly try to eliminate the oil injection. is it pretty easy or is kinda tricky to get out of there or can i just block off the oil tank?

Oh they were talking about Belray 80w tranny oil. The choice is yours on what to run. I know alot of guys use ATF in their trannies also. I use 10w40 beacause that is what the manual calls for and thats all I ever used in all the bikes I have ever owned.

Here is a link to remove the oil injection.
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-install-oil-injection-block-off-kit-681/

the friction plates could be stuck to the steel plates in the clutch, you might need to disassemble the clutch and help them unstick to each other.