Help identifying parts

mike96

Jun 28, 2012
Phoenix, Az
Looking for a little help identifying some parts. I picked up another blaster as a parts machine and it came with a pipe that does not have any identifying marks on it. I am hoping someone here can help me out with figuring out wat it is. The blaster had a PJ cab on it that needs a little work, the slide is a little torn up on the outside of it, the part thet holds the needle in is worn out and it might need a new needle. Anyway, I also found out that the engine aperantly has a port job done to it also. Any idea as to what kind of porting this is, doesnt look like what I would call a trail port. I am starting to think that the stock carb isnt going to cut it...

that appears to be an older trinity or graydon proline pipe, i see quite a few individual rolled cones, versus the more stamped pieces of the newer style right bend pipes.
same pipe i run on my white blaster, luv that pipe

silencer ?, could be a DG ?

the porting doesn't appear to be anything overly aggressive, and is lacking the boysen ports.

not sure WTH this is ?...............
Untitled 111.jpg

The stock Mikuni VM26 Carb will work awesome.... and it FITS! Trust me... You want to keep the velocity of the air through the carb high to force feed the crank case when the reeds open. then slam shut. A bigger carb will be harder to tune because of reduced velocity travelling through the carb. With that porting (looks like a decent trail port on the intake side...only part of the "whole") and pipe ,don't forget to bump up the main jets a few sizes. I had to go ten (10) sizes bigger. Was the head "Re-chambered" too?

if you do insist on running the 34 PJ ?
you'll need a 6.0 slide, DGH or CEL needle, pilots - 45, 48 & 50, and mains in the 150 - 162 range

The silencer looks like a LRD. Looks to be a right bend pipe.

Right bend pipe???

The stock Mikuni VM26 Carb will work awesome.... and it FITS! Trust me... You want to keep the velocity of the air through the carb high to force feed the crank case when the reeds open. then slam shut. A bigger carb will be harder to tune because of reduced velocity travelling through the carb. With that porting (looks like a decent trail port on the intake side...only part of the "whole") and pipe ,don't forget to bump up the main jets a few sizes. I had to go ten (10) sizes bigger. Was the head "Re-chambered" too?

OK. I had asked about the carb sizing in another post but I didn't know exactly what all was done to this motor, so I was not exactly sure if the stock VM would still be sufficient with this pipe and porting. Right now I can only assume that the head has been re chambered but I don't know for sure. What about the pilot jet and or needle?

yes, it's a right bend pipe, but not an LRD, i've never seen them with as many individual cones like that has.
some of the early power pro's... remarketed as F7, Trinity, CT and Graydon Proline had those.

the stock 32.5 pilot and needle will be fine if you use the stock carb

yes, it's a right bend pipe, but not an LRD, i've never seen them with as many individual cones like that has. some of the early power pro's... remarketed as F7, Trinity, CT and Graydon Proline had those.

the stock 32.5 pilot and needle will be fine if you use the stock carb

If 230 is stock what would you reccomend as a good starting point? 250-260?

If 230 is stock what would you reccomend as a good starting point? 250-260?

no, way higher for that pipe, i think i ran a 330 on my stockish engine (uni filter, vf3 reeds, mild port cleanup and head mod)
i'd buy 290, 310, 320 and 330.
start large and plug chop down

las vegas and will be moving back to phoenix. about 1000 - 2000 feet.

the 330 i suggested above was rich on my bike, as it will be on your bike, unless you remove the airbox lid and run a uni filter as i was, or at sea level
I ride at 1800 - 2400', so the jetting suggestions i made above will be a good, safe, starting point for that pipe.
start large and work down

Thanks a ton guys, I really appreciate it. My stock carb is missing the main jet anyway so I now know what to look for at the shop. I am gonna buy at least the top three that were suggested (330 -310) and go from there.