Hello From the coastal texas

Madman50

Sep 12, 2012
Matagorda Tx
i just traded an old project 4x4 that i never finished for a 2001 blaster thats in pretty good shape the guy had a rear shock on it that was way too short and didnt know how to fix it i actually found this forum while looking for the correct shock and ended up going with the 400ex $35 on eBay and some old teleflex aluminum bushings later i have one smooth riding machine so thanks already for the good advice. Im a Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha/Tohatsu outboard technician and have two vintage Honda motorcycles but this is my first quad also my first two stroke any good advice on things to check out or upgrade would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 87
Howdy and welcome. I have an 01 one as well. I am sure everyone will tell you: take the tors off, do away with the oil injection and put hydraulic rear brakes on. Wheels and tires are always a must for me. Just build it to suit yourself. I have done a few mods to mine and it is a very fun machine. We have a wealth of knowledge o this site for anything that blows smoke and some things that don't. Ask and you shall recieve!

welcome to BF bro !
i'd say that was a sweet trade !!!
lets see some pics of these vintage bikes ?
and don't be shy about sharing any technical knowledge you may have, always good to have another technician on here !

Welcome to the forum. Being new to two strokes you may not know the importance of leak testing your motor. You can use the search function at the top right to learn about leakdown testing and possibly building a tester for your self.

i have a leakdown tester at work what exacty am i looking for while leakdown testing this engine i usually only use it at work to check for bad valves or rings also here are the pics of my two hondas 1971 sl175k1 and my 1977 cb750f cafe racer

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 100
you want to make sure you have an air tight m,otor there istructions are on here an im sure someone will post em but basically pump air into the block i belive it is 7 psi an you wait if your engine holds air thats perfect you pass if it all leaks out well you have a big problem you have an airleak that NEEDS to be fixed BEFORE YOU RIDE IT AGAIN.
that wikll mess with your fuel air mixture witch could cause you engine to blow up f