headlight dims when front break engaged

heymikey

Aug 27, 2014
That's it in a nutshell. Just bought my first blaster, an 02, yesterday. Looks to be pretty stock. Decent shape. Seemed mechanically sound when I drove it briefly. Starts easily. The only thing I noticed was that the headlight dims when the front brake is engaged. Any thoughts?

That's it in a nutshell. Just bought my first blaster, an 02, yesterday. Looks to be pretty stock. Decent shape. Seemed mechanically sound when I drove it briefly. Starts easily. The only thing I noticed was that the headlight dims when the front brake is engaged. Any thoughts?

while riding ?
applying the front brake while in gear, is also lowering the rpm's and the voltage produced by the stator/flywheel, expect some light dimming.

i did not care for it either
only option is to disconnect wire that illuminates rear brake light :)
there is one on front brake and rear brake
if you are riding with others at night it might be dangerous though

while riding ?
applying the front brake while in gear, is also lowering the rpm's and the voltage produced by the stator/flywheel, expect some light dimming.

Actually it dims a lot, and it occurs when not in gear/stopped. I'm not sure whether revving the engine has any effect, and the machine is at my buddies house so I can't check on this. If it matters, I'll check that out and post results at a later time. Thanks.

it is run off a generator and it will be dim at idle everytime but the minute you hit the gas it will brighten up..you are not going to be able to change that unless you run it off a battery but,when you are riding and hit the brakes it will help if you disconnect brake light:)