Head Pipe Q?? *pic*

FaH-S.A

Feb 25, 2010
South Africa (Durban)
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, just a quick question. If you look at the head pipe you will notice a wet spot on the expansion chamber(the fat part at the top), is that maybe fuel? Does that mean the pipe is leaking??

And if you look at the bottom you will notice it is very rusty and brown so does that mean the bike was over ridden or ridden hard or used alot or just old and un-maintained?

Thanks alot. :)
25ix5ll.jpg

The oil on top of it is coming from the trans vent hose most likely. The rust is just it getting real hot when you ride it. It's normal for a chrome pipe to rust up if it's not well taken care of.

is this a bike "for sale" your looking at ????
could just be sumthin they cleaned it up with on top of the pipe ??? my tranny vent line is on the other side, as are all 88-02's, maybe 03+ are different ???
and that looks like a stock black pipe, which they all rust after a while, some high temp paint will have it lookin spiffy again for a few months anyway

is this a bike "for sale" your looking at ????
could just be sumthin they cleaned it up with on top of the pipe ??? my tranny vent line is on the other side, as are all 88-02's, maybe 03+ are different ???
and that looks like a stock black pipe, which they all rust after a while, some high temp paint will have it lookin spiffy again for a few months anyway

Already bought it kinda regretting my decision i pick it up tomorrow when i borrow a trailer. It is a stock head pipe i hate it already gonna get a fatty. Thanks guys +1

doesnt look that bad. all pipes rust. its fine. but i would get different pipe then fmf. toomey has more top end power and dmc alien exhuats has more low to midrange power. if you like to race then i would go with the dmc alien if you like to ride trails where you can open it up i would suggest the toomey b1 pipe kit. but its your desicon but for some reason i havent liked fmf. they sound kinda funny to me and the silencer looks horrible even brand new. i dont like the design. and i would suggest new tires. look like they are low on tread.

yeah sure. if you type in toomeyracing you can find them they will prolly ship it to ya. might be a little spedny for overseas shipping though. and they are a more expense pipe but i love mine and well worth the money