hard time selling the blasty

rocky318

Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
i just reposted my bike on CL and lowerd the price to 1500 hoping that maybe i'll get a bite. i know i was stretchin it by asking for 2500 last time but i was just suprised that nobody even emaild or called to ask questions about it. i would really like to have the extra cash for my wall setup in my car before my shop's DbDrag-BassRace sound off and carshow. it seems like nobody is interested in blasters around here i guess.

yeah....its very difficult to get much out of a blaster anywhere else it seems like....around here that thing would sell around 1800-2000

yeah....its very difficult to get much out of a blaster anywhere else it seems like....around here that thing would sell around 1800-2000

damn where are you located.

if it was a POS 400ex or sumthin it woulda been gone but i think the real problem is that people sell stuff way to cheap around here and on top of that they're some real cheapasses here to. im trying to make it fair a price as i can and im not goin below 1K. just didnt think it would be this hard to sell, sh!t sucks

Blaster don't resell for crap around here.My 03 was purchased for $600 and needed a top end.I know it is a pain but parting it out sometimes is the best route.

damn where are you located.

if it was a POS 400ex or sumthin it woulda been gone but i think the real problem is that people sell stuff way to cheap around here and on top of that they're some real cheapasses here to. im trying to make it fair a price as i can and im not goin below 1K. just didnt think it would be this hard to sell, sh!t sucks

Why you hating on 400exs? They're not garbage, they're great quads.

Round here they don't really go for more than 2000, but most are barely modded. Barely at all. With what I am doing mine should sell for roughly that when I finish. Not adding a lot. Just making it very reliable and all that. But I'm going to ride it a lot first and then grow out of it and get something else.

damn man. if you were closer to me i would snatch that thing up. i want a running modded blaster that i can just put my plastics on and use everything else

You are selling it for audio equipment in your car? Why? I guess that's just me.

I live in west central ohio........I've never seen a blaster listed over 2 grand the past year on CL. They typically go for 800-1200.

I live in west central ohio........I've never seen a blaster listed over 2 grand the past year on CL. They typically go for 800-1200.

About the same selling prices are found in SoCal. The 1500 and up blastys don't seem to sell.

I shy away from moded quads just because I don't know the full history and I just assume the owner would ride it like I do.....which isn't comforting.

Also, I know how to take care of a quad and how can you ever really know if the seller ever did any preventive maintenance? Even the "honest" CraigsListers slips in a lie here and there just to get their chit sold, so it can be difficult to really know what you getting when buying used.

I got my girl a 2004 250ex for 1500 and they asked for 1800. I wanted one with original stock baloon back tires because it told me there wasn't crazy mileage on the quad. I also met the seller's daughter, who he listed as the main rider in the CL ad. How many fully mod'ed quads do you see for sale that list "wife's bike". CHILD! Pleeeze.

So back on topic, if it were me....I'd sell your bling (pipe, etc) and put the stock stuff back on. Then list for $1400 OBO, take $1250 and be on your way. Just say'n.