Hard Steering

I got another email back from them. My new Helm's ship Friday. Good end result! Looks like I might be riding the RM125 this weekend....if I get it done!

told ya it wasn't dirt like that first ASR dude tried to tell you.
kudos to ASR for making it right.

Sweet, wonder why it was good before tho and then just went bad, man that better not happen to mine lol.

It was winter when I got them..now its summer..I was wondering if hot -cold- expansion -contraction comes into play, or did I just get some crap joints in that bad batch?

either way....these ones are getting pitched when the new ones come, but now I'm going to have to set them back up!

Yea prob thays when i got mine too tho :( and ASR is great its not the damage being the issue its the DREADFULL setting them back up lol ouchhh

That's what I'm dreading....but I did it once, I can do it again. Me and my neighbor did it in just under 3 beers last time!!!

I'll just be happy to be able to turn the bars easy again!!

i'm glad to find this out i thought my stem was bent from a roll over i had a week ago it is so tight right now you can't ride it the only thing i dread is doing the alignment again not that it was hard just time consuming and gotta undo that red thread locker

i'm glad to find this out i thought my stem was bent from a roll over i had a week ago it is so tight right now you can't ride it the only thing i dread is doing the alignment again not that it was hard just time consuming and gotta undo that red thread locker

Did you just recently get your arms? If you did, email ASR and let them know. They know they got a bad batch of Helm's. Mine should be here today or tomorrow.

And you aren't kidding its hard to steer, My arms were sore from trying to turn it on the way home the other weekend.

Let us know what they do for you.

Just got off the phone with ASR they'll be shipping out my new joints today I should have them for the weekend so i should be able to go riding this weekend hopefully awesome service

setting them up this time should be easier, just take measurements or count threads, and replace them one at a time

Just got off the phone with ASR they'll be shipping out my new joints today I should have them for the weekend so i should be able to go riding this weekend hopefully awesome service

Glad that it worked out for you! I got my tracking # today also. I talked with Drew from ASR on the phone, he said they were really busy, and he was in the office by himself today. I thanked him again for going out of his way to help, and answering emails and calls. If anyone every deals with him, he is a Good straight forward guy.

Got my tracking number as well I should have mine Thursday and like you said awk measuring to get them close if not right on the money will be quick and easy and then we'll see how long it takes for my arms to get tired I thought I was just in sh*t shape but I guess I was just getting one hell of a workout riding like this

So I've been riding around with the new hiem joints in and my steering is getting tight again :mad: I haven't figured out which side is causing the problem I think it's just the one I'm only hearing squeaking from one side so it looks like another call to ASR to see what they wanna do it sucks man I'm supposed to go riding in a week and I really don't wanna pull my front end back apart:(

I hate Heim joints with a passion, they are prone to dirt, then WD40 is applied which makes them sticky, and then become very stiff.

If you use Heim joints make a boot from an old cycle inner tube, lube the joint with silicone spray and pull the boot over.

Not a pretty look, but may keep the joint clean enough!

I have seen Dirty's Heims and although they look clean, and he has been lubricating them as maker instructions, they are as stiff as a ( not going there )all get up.

I think the problem lies with the dreaded WD40 that gets spray willy nilly at them.

You would have seen my reaction to a can of (stuff up ) it at Dirty's ride last weekend.

It is great stuff for loosening bolts and chasing water away and propping the door open, but that is all!