hard starting

checked all that quadrider, and all the gaskets, fuel line filter etc is all new soooooo

ha well at least thats what the shop guy is telling me. not taking my blaster to another place to get worked on my trust is gon with dumb lying shop builds. not to say i cant build motors but my last garage was a dirt floor, not the place to build a motor.

the last motor i had built the guy didnt chamfer the ports so naturally an hour down the trail it ate a ring and destroyed everything. i brought it to him and he said "sorry i did not know you had to chamfer the ports" two weeks later his business closed.

off to home depot for some leak testing equipment and if it doesnt leak i really have no idea lol

if you checked all that, and everything, theres only 2 things that could be down too. an air leak, or a blown motor.

leak test and do a compression test. when my motor blew, it was doing exactly wht urs is because of low compression. wouldent start with the kicker. i had to jump start it. and the reason y ur clutch is slipping now is because of u jummping it in 1st or 2nd gear. it puts a hughe strain on the tranny parts when u do that it like u going into 6th gear and trying to take off. puts a huge strain on the motor. same difference except its reversed. do a jummp start in 3rd or 4th if/when u have to one.

lol figured that out one of my friction plates blew apart but doesnt worry me clutch has ben in there for good 6 years and raced on so a new one wont bother me

I GOT A LEAK TESTER!! well sorta went to menards and got a buncha stuff just have to put it all together and what not.

and by the way compression was at 120 or a tit above

lol figured that out one of my friction plates blew apart but doesnt worry me clutch has ben in there for good 6 years and raced on so a new one wont bother me

I GOT A LEAK TESTER!! well sorta went to menards and got a buncha stuff just have to put it all together and what not.

and by the way compression was at 120 or a tit above

120 is starting to get low. might want to consider getting new top end..... or at leat start picking out the parts..... but thats totally up to you. u should be fine as long as it dosent blow up for a few months maybe a few year, years.

and NICE! time to break the tester in! u should ude it at least 4 times a season. i do it every other race.

think i figured it out, hooked up the leak tester and heard a pop, clutch side seal came out haha :eek:

looking at it and someone installed it goofy, spring wasnt in its groove

Attachments

• Attachments_2012_08_27.zip
    324.2 KB · Views: 160
after replacing the seal did a leak test and it passed with flying colors. even sprayed window washer all over just in case

but now theres no spark.. lol i dont get it stator ohms out right (even tried multiple ones), grounds are good, wires tested out, switches tested out, two different coils, two different cdi, tors on and tors off and still nothing...