got my yfz arms and this is going to be a nightmare

hope you all like pic's might of went over board. came up with an idea got my templates built just have to get over to a plasma cutter hopefully tonight or tomorrow and cut them out basically same idea as the bolt on widening kit

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Before you even think about making new mounts, it would probably be easist to make a jig/fixture off of a 450 so you know where you want to put the mounts. thats a lot less math then trying to dial in the caster and camber arc after the fact.

i was going to mount the plates to the blaster and then mount the top arms and then check camber before i drilles the holes into the bottom plates. it's going to be tricky right now i don't have a yfz spindle my buddy has one spare i'm hoping to borrow from him don't want to invest any cash i don't have until i know it's a good plan

another note blaster spindles will not work with these arms the angles are good but the blaster ball joints are bigger then the yfz's. i was hoping they would going to get a bit spendy having to buy yfz spindle/hub/rotor/caliper's.... atleast i would have disc brakes after

Camber AND caster... its an unequal length arm setup. The location of the upper arm needs to be correct forward to bacuk, up and down and in & out or your camber can change drastically throught the travel. Making a fixture would take you an hour and be dead nuts.

I think you need to have the dimensions off yfz as far as front to back relation of arms and distance of pivots (up & down). Shocks will be another issue. This has been done on Banshees with varying sucess, might get another frame to modify so you can still ride and in case it don't work. BansheeHQ - Home Might want to check out suspension threads. I do have to admit that Blaster owners seem to be more "adventureous" than Banshee owners when it comes to making stuff. I (my son) got a shee rear brake in a box of parts he got I'm going to put on the Blaster. Plus a 400/490 swap looks mighty tempting.

keep in mind this is very very very rough draft but i got one side on there. so far what i'm noticing is the front of this thing is going to be alot higher sitting at stock height only have 5" travel up have atleast 12 down. think the project is going to get scrapped at here have to see if can get ahold of a yfz shock. blaster front shocks are way to short now of course i need to get yfz hubs and brake setup. another thing i noticed is the angle on the tie rods is way off no way to attach tierod's to it. it was fun to try but i don't think there's a way of doing it without going the farmer route :)

100_2509.JPG

100_2510.JPG

100_2511.JPG

You could build a sleeve for the stock spindles so the ball joint shaft is tight would just be a simple drill hole through a solid rod then slid over the balljoint stem