got my extended arms and shocks

You guys have it easy.... They actually make stuff for a blaster. When I started with blasters, I had my first pipe custom made, because no one made a blaster pipe. When I built the red white and blue bike, the ONLY part I got after marKet was the grab bar and pipe. Everything else was for something else or it was custom made.

if you can afford new stuff thats the besy way to go,

but i have seen killer deals go good too and some people just cant afford new

yep i thought i was getting a good deal on the elkas was the main reason i bought em cuz they are way more than i want to spend new.....does anybody know how much it would cost to get em fixed or revalved and it has to go to canada right

precision concepts can revalve in cali...a lot of places can revalve them, but you have to figure out what you want changed first. slow or high speed compression? rebound?? how much does it need to be changed?? Ride it, change the preload, ride it again. believe it or not most fast guys have the front end pretty soft. Cost...anywhere from 150~300 bucks but the big shops, precision concepts etc. will revalve it send it back to you and if you dont like it they will revalve it again for free untill its right. This is because suspension is a highly subjective thing.. some like it soft.. some like it stiff. IMHO a lot of people have their bikes too stiff, because they think they are fast and are hitting stuff hard. Watch the really fast guys, they don't slam stuff, they ride really smooth. You will find yourself compeltely out of shape thinking your flat out hauling he mail, and a fast guy will go blazing past you sitting down and not looking like he is breaking a sweat.

I was working rescue at a race once riding a bone stock suzuki 230 quadsport. A rider went down a couple miles from where I was so I had to boogie. One of the racers complained to the promoter that during the race, some guy on a white and blue quad with an american flag helmet that wasnt in the race went flying by him like he was standing still and that play riders shouldnt be on the race course. The promoter told the guy (who was riding a fully built long travel 250r) that the guy (me) was part of rescue and "do you really want to complain about getting passed by a bone stock 230 quadsport"

So put the front end together and find out if you like it before you start panicking and spending big bucks to fix something that may not be broken.

Last edited:
I dunno, I don't think it's such a bad deal. The a-arms new would be what, like $500, and the stage 3 Elkas are on Ebay for over a grand new (like closer to $1400 IIRC). You paid less than half of that. So you need to fix some grease fittings and get some dust boots, no big deal really. Maybe the shocks are just valved/sprung very lightly. If they are not obviously leaking they're not likely that sacked out.

I dunno, I don't think it's such a bad deal. The a-arms new would be what, like $500, and the stage 3 Elkas are on Ebay for over a grand new (like closer to $1400 IIRC). You paid less than half of that. So you need to fix some grease fittings and get some dust boots, no big deal really. Maybe the shocks are just valved/sprung very lightly. If they are not obviously leaking they're not likely that sacked out.

doesnt matter if i paid half of what they cost its the fact of the way they were presented...lightly used maybe 10 times and said they were vavled for 180lb rider and arms were described as great, ball joints good just a few scratches.....so thats what im expecting to buy if the guy described as they really were and i bought em i wouldnt say a thing because thats my fault ....anyway i just got off the phone with elka and they looked up the shocks they were built jan 07 for 140lb motorcross rider so he says looking at 400 bucks if nothing is wrong on the inside to get em set up. and 2 of the lower ball joints are about to fall apart. the 2 uppers will barely even move so 33.00 a ball joint by the time i get em to where they were supposed to be described as in the auction i will have paid damn near new price

If your really brave, I think ractech still sells a shim kit and instructional DVD.. learn to revalve and service shocks yourself... I have already posted at last half the stuff on here. to refresh a pair of fronts will cost maybe $5.00 in supplies, A revalve, $7 to $10 in supplies and an hour or so of time. Valving is an artform, so you will spend some time experimenting and learning, but when you get good, you can rebuild a set of fronts in 45 minutes + $5 in supplies and charge $75 plus shipping and your giving a smoking deal to your friends while making a huge profit.

You will need a decent vise, some punches, a nitrogen bottle and regulator plus a fill valve and a few basic hand tools.... so for about te price elka wants to redo your shocks, you can get everything you need to learn to do it then make money doing it.

yup, that's some priceless info. for my works shocks i got seals for like 25 bucks, got some oil, and then i was quoted 10ish bucks each to recharge

well ive been working with the seller the whole weekend hes been pretty civil about the whole deal i guess im gonna get 250 dollars back so that will take care of some of the parts i need to get em fixed...i got all but one grease insert out with an ease out and one was stripped out but i think i can put some heli coils in there to fix that...anyways the arms and tie rod extensions are headed to get powdercoated green tomorrow so they should look pretty sick when i get em on ill get some pics up hopefully this weekend