Goodbye Blaster....

York Racing

Apr 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Well after years of dumping cash into the Blaster, a guy is coming up with a 1991 RM 125 for trade on tuesday. Does anyone know anything about these bikes?

Haha don't you boys worry. I still have my project Blaster. It's an 2001 that needs rings. Bone stock but I picked it up from a buddy for $100 believe it or not. And I will always remain a member of this site. Whether you like it or not. =]

Last edited:
your a-arms and axle on that blaster are worth as much as a 01 rm 125
and it needs work ???
you must be smokin crack !!!!!

the rm125's are the weakest of the 125's as well. i got a 1991 rm125 completely rebuilt with everything done that can be done to one and my 97 cr125r bone stock was still faster and stouter. don't do it.

That RM125 better have an RM250 engine for that kind of a trade lol.

Seriusly though, your blaster is going to be more fun, and probably faster than the RM. lol
If you make that trade, I'll my front wheel into your nads.

Yeah I don't know. I love my quad but the motor is torn down and I'm in over my head..... I got most of the parts but putting it all together again is terrible. And the bike has a new motor. The Blaster need's work but even when I fix it I can't sell it. I'm thinking about selling it for parts if there's enough interest.

dude..i needa smack you. lmao i got my yz250f and i love the thing, my firned has a 2001 rm125 it blows so much. its slow. not respodive as any other bike. iv rode cr's rms kxs and much more, trust me. lol keep the blaster please i beg you.

plus another thing i've learned from experience, the 1991 rm125 (maybe a few other years) are WELL known for throwing out the cranks. i've put new cases in mine 4 times from it throwing the crank. if you do it you will be in over your head even more, tearing down the motor so much you'll have it all in your memory. trust me DO NOT do it. we're all looking out for you and it's definitely a better idea to keep the blaster.

EDIT: mine is actually tore apart right now for another new crank lmao. it is sitting in boxes and i'm probably either going to part it out or fix it and sell it. they are a major headache.

Thanks for the info guys. Believe it or not, you guys care more than my family. They told me they didn't care what I get. But now I see what your saying. I'm going to figure out how to tell him no now. Thanks again =]