getting a title with a only a bill of sale question

Racer51

May 19, 2011
Northwest Ohio
well the thread pretty much sums it up as i know most of you buy and sell through craigs list and ebay and what not. If i have my noterized bill of sale in hand how do i get an orv/apv sticker without a title for the bike. and if not how do i create a title from a bill of sale /orv sticker so that i can go to the parks or in my case sand dunes out of state in michigan. (i live in ohio which im sure dosent help my odds).
thank you links with phone numbers and vetran advice is greatly appreciated also my bike is an 02 blaster accepted as trade to me in 2011. no history of a prior orv sticker and i took it to the sherrifs to have them run the vin when i got it and it is not stolen. hope the additional info helps thanks a ton guys. :-[ (me)

im hoping demon 7 or awk08 or someone knows a simple fast cheap way to resolving these kinds of issues. youd think this would be a long solved issue with everybody selling and trading there bikes like no tomorow without titles(most of them)
ive heard everything to just having the B.O.S. in hand they run the vin and they just print one up to calling in the vin and waiting 2 weeks to do a check and charging you 15 or 20 bucks and then charging $40 for a 2 or 3 year sticker to taking peoples bikes away for the faintest wiff of stolen bike smell its so stupid.ill just check the thread tmro after work and hope and pray a little for a realistic answer. night man

i have been trying to find this out too i want a title for my blaster,bayou,moto4,andmy kx 250 so i can get insurance on them incase some one steels them

This is Nova Scotia, Canada, but here is the process.
Go to the local vehicle registrar (Access NS), ask and get the proper forms.
Go to the local police, usually RCMP or town police. They will verify the serial number and sign the report form.
Go to the previous owner and get a signed and witnessed letter of when and where and from whom he bought the bike.
It has to be notarized by a Justice of the Peace, usually there is a JotP in the Access NS office. Ask.
Pay the tax, fill out the forms, talk to the supervisor and it is done. Some offices are easer than others, some are impossible.

Steve

You do not need a title or bill of sale to get insurance.

In New York state we do not get a title for ATVs. The registration is all you get. If the previous owner does not have one you have to take an etching of the vin # and bring it to the Department Of Motor Vehicles. They will generate you a registration.

i have heard, here in PA.....
contact the DCNR, submit your bill of sale, they contact the last known previous owner, he has a set amount of time to respond (2 weeks ?) if he does not within that time, they issue you a title.

time for you to call whoever governs atv ownership in your state/area

can't help with title but only need ID and money to get ORV sticker. Any place that sells hunt/fish license, Meijer, Cabbellas, Wallyworld. $16 for resident probably double for out of town, we only want your money. Probably need day pass at Silver Lake. Are pretty strict about sparkies there, sometimes from what I hear/read, depends on which dick is working

thanks a ton awk ill try contacting them and see how far i can go there. thanks larry ugh if i remember correctly toomey spark arrestor attachments arent perticulary cheap anymore. thanks

This is Nova Scotia, Canada, but here is the process.
Go to the local vehicle registrar (Access NS), ask and get the proper forms.
Go to the local police, usually RCMP or town police. They will verify the serial number and sign the report form.
Go to the previous owner and get a signed and witnessed letter of when and where and from whom he bought the bike.
It has to be notarized by a Justice of the Peace, usually there is a JotP in the Access NS office. Ask.
Pay the tax, fill out the forms, talk to the supervisor and it is done. Some offices are easer than others, some are impossible.

Steve

a guy from canada! i live about 10-14 hours away by car. live in laval. i also want to get a title for my blaster so when i sell it, i can get more. that's how it works down here in quebec 8-| if anyone knows for laval/quebec would be much appreciated I:I

This might not be the same but i had the same situation with a car i bought and im still going through a process with the court i hope its not the same like a car if it is oh boy!