getting a dual-sport

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
okay guys, so i'm in a situation where things are going good and i'm making a little money, so heres my deal, i put my yz 125 on craigslist tonight and i'm starting to look at dual sport bikes, i am currently set on getting a suzuki drz400s, anybody have any other mentionable bikes or ideas?my budget is 2500 bucks at most

lmfao, i'd break it in a day, man, it really is hard to choose what bike i want, i want a bike i can hardcore offroad on and still take on the rode, i'v been told drz400s, i'm looking into how hard it would be to plate a bike like a drz400e (offroad model) or a bike like a wr400 or yz426. its about 500 bucks for the dual sport lighting kit (i might just piece one together myself) so if i could find a wr400 for 1900 or less i might do that and make it street legal, i emailed the indiana bmv to find out how hard it will be to get it plated

well, after some thinking, i decided i'm going to save the money for a while untill i can afford something like a wr400 and convert it, or i might buy a ktm, husaberg or husqvarna dual sport (they are much more like a dirtbike than a drz400)

My dad has a honda 650 an its a great bike! Tons of power imo. Handles great! Only problem so damn big my cousin 6'2 an can't flat foot it. So its harder for smaller people to ride.

7475-imag0004.jpg

NO WE DIDN'T PUT THE #'s on haha

i think suzuki has it locked down in the dual sports man. can't go wrong with those, but the yamaha wr's are pretty sweet too.

7475-imag0004.jpg

NO WE DIDN'T PUT THE #'s on haha
thats pretty sweet man, i ride too much single track and tight stuff to even consider a 650, a 450 is even pushing it...
i think suzuki has it locked down in the dual sports man. can't go wrong with those, but the yamaha wr's are pretty sweet too.

yah, i really like the zuki's but the dual sport model is so heavy and seemingly underpowered, i am talking to a guy about trading for his 2002 wr426 that is titled, that would be a sick dual sport! and amazing on the trails