Gb's rebuild starts today!

gb blaster

Apr 19, 2012
Maryland
Hey guys as many of u know my blaster broke down. With grandma having the heart attack an everything else going on I haven't had much time to do anything. She's doing better an it's about time I start making time. So today im starting my rebuild. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, a few ideas have been thrown out. Today I'm starting with the carb a removing Reed cage and the top end as I'm pretty sure it needs to be bored. She stopped running after i had issues with the carb. So I figured the carb should be the place to start either way it's winter time so i think I'll rebuild port the engine no matter what I find wrong along with the head mod an some better suspension an such.

Ahhh snap, gav's gonna have a perdy blasty for the mountain to chew up! Sweet bro , try to take pics as ya go and as always hit a bro up if ya have any problems!

Yes sir this smarty phone better be able to upload pictures as much as I pay for it I heard sometimes trying to use photobucket makes
It happen but idk somehow someway ima get some pictures up on here.

My first question tho is my carb keeps leaking out the bottom overflow hose. The one with the drain screw on it. That screw is all chewed up. I've readjusted the float an the needle is clean the rubber tip is all intact the seat doesn't look to be damaged. I've clean the float an tried tapping the carb once asseblemed I've tried everything to make the carb stop leaking I'm wondering if it could be the fact that that screw is stripped that's making it drain. But I've never messed with that screw as long as I've had my blaster an it's never giving me problems before. Idk but like I said the carb started messing up first so I wanna try fixing it first.

Sounds like you need a carb kit! The needle is probably worn-out, even though you can't see it. Its also possible that the 'O' ring around your removable needle's seat is shot, causing a leak that can't be fixed with just a new needle.

Get a whole carb kit (about $ 15.00 on ebay), and that should fix all your headaches at once.

The stripped drain screw should probably be replaced, but its not the cause of your problem.

Alrighty well I'm gonna give it one more look when I get home. I was wondering is there like a way I could test if it's the carb causing it not to start like maybe spray starting fluid up the intake an If it turns over off that I will know its te carb or something like that. The carb was causin me a lot I problems. When it starting messing up first the main jet fell out while riding into the float bowl then the overflow started stream for no reason. An when it gave out it sounded like it ran out of gas an it actually was out of gas but I added more. But it has yet to kick over. It also sounds like its about to start every single time I his cant get it to kick over.

Sounds like you need a carb kit! The needle is probably worn-out, even though you can't see it. Its also possible that the 'O' ring around your removable needle's seat is shot, causing a leak that can't be fixed with just a new needle.

Get a whole carb kit (about $ 15.00 on ebay), and that should fix all your headaches at once.

The stripped drain screw should probably be replaced, but its not the cause of your problem.

Couldn't agree more! If your positive the float is adjusted properly that's all thats left!

Alrighty well I'm gonna give it one more look when I get home. I was wondering is there like a way I could test if it's the carb causing it not to start like maybe spray starting fluid up the intake an If it turns over off that I will know its te carb or something like that. The carb was causin me a lot I problems. When it starting messing up first the main jet fell out while riding into the float bowl then the overflow started stream for no reason. An when it gave out it sounded like it ran out of gas an it actually was out of gas but I added more. But it has yet to kick over. It also sounds like its about to start every single time I his cant get it to kick over.

If the main jet dropped out and the carby flooded you have probably filled the crankcase with fuel.

You may need to dry it out if it is refusing to start.

After it feel out tho it was hesitation an the overflow started leaking so I took the carb apart an fixed that at the track I rode it home well most the way home after that till it broke down. Still think drankng the crankcase Is a good idea blaster?

As for an update I didn't get home till 6 from work so I wasn't working with much day light i remeasured the float level. Took it all apart an completely cleaned everything including choke an all using a video on here. It's still leaking so Im ginna order the carb kit today hopefully I get off at a Lil better time today so that I can do some more with ot today.

After it feel out tho it was hesitation an the overflow started leaking so I took the carb apart an fixed that at the track I rode it home well most the way home after that till it broke down. Still think drankng the crankcase Is a good idea blaster?

As for an update I didn't get home till 6 from work so I wasn't working with much day light i remeasured the float level. Took it all apart an completely cleaned everything including choke an all using a video on here. It's still leaking so Im ginna order the carb kit today hopefully I get off at a Lil better time today so that I can do some more with ot today.

Most definetly rebuild it bro! I'd bet a paycheck that the seat o-ring or valve is bad!

Yeah I'm gonna rebuild it I have to order the kit when I get home. Or might hold off till Friday I'm a Lil tight on money but. If I get off before 5 tonight say normal time like 4 an I can catch a little day light after driving home. I'm good remove the reeds an the top end to give them a check. Thinking a bore new pistion an rings will defintally be in its near future. I'll get some pictures an post the reeds an the scarring on te cylender if there is any.

Yeah I'm gonna rebuild it I have to order the kit when I get home. Or might hold off till Friday I'm a Lil tight on money but. If I get off before 5 tonight say normal time like 4 an I can catch a little day light after driving home. I'm good remove the reeds an the top end to give them a check. Thinking a bore new pistion an rings will defintally be in its near future. I'll get some pictures an post the reeds an the scarring on te cylender if there is any.

Hey bro, I'd do a compression test and leak test- before i rip the top end off, no sense in wasting a top end gasket set if ya don't need to!

Yeah I think I'll stop by autozone an rent the compression tester on my way home. Got ur leak down tester at the house jus need
To find something to plug the exhaust
Port an a bicycle pump lol it's 20 psi?

Still think drankng the crankcase Is a good idea blaster? .

I didn't realise you had ridden it after the main jet dropped out, so drying out the bottom end would be a pointless exercise.

like maybe spray starting fluid up the intake .

May I deter you from using the start fluid, it contains no lubricant. If you must spray something up there use premix.

Yeah I think I'll stop by autozone an rent the compression tester on my way home. Got ur leak down tester at the house jus need
To find something to plug the exhaust
Port an a bicycle pump lol it's 20 psi?

Stock exhaust? Need a piece of rubber innertube and a piece of plate, I can loan ya mine just ship it back to me!

I have no idea what your trying to say (in red ?)

Slick. I'm saying u pump the cylinder up 20 psi when preforming the leak test an should hold that for 20 minutes right an I heard it was better to use a bicycle pump so u can slowly pump it up an avoid blowing ur gaskets. Plus the compressor I have acces to it is a block away an I ain't pushing it there lol.

HOWEVER I GOT SOME TERRIFIC NEWS GUYS. I keep it in my boys shed. He was cleaning the shed out today an decided to do the one thing I haven't done in a while. Kick start it. He said it turned over an started for maybe 2 seconds an sounded like it ran out of gas again( same thing i got when it died like it ran out of gas) so it started today idk if it could be the carb not letting fuel In it must have some type of compression an spark still tho to turn over I'm not working with much dayligh but I'm gonna see about this comp test an leakiest tonight by flashlight.

Slick. I'm saying u pump the cylinder up 20 psi when preforming the leak test an should hold that for 20 minutes right an I heard it was better to use a bicycle pump so u can slowly pump it up an avoid blowing ur gaskets. Plus the compressor I have acces to it is a block away an I ain't pushing it there lol.

HOWEVER I GOT SOME TERRIFIC NEWS GUYS. I keep it in my boys shed. He was cleaning the shed out today an decided to do the one thing I haven't done in a while. Kick start it. He said it turned over an started for maybe 2 seconds an sounded like it ran out of gas again( same thing i got when it died like it ran out of gas) so it started today idk if it could be the carb not letting fuel In it must have some type of compression an spark still tho to turn over I'm not working with much dayligh but I'm gonna see about this comp test an leakiest tonight by flashlight.

NOOOOOO!!!!! 7psi for at least 10 without going down

20 psi and your going to blow our gaskets anyway.

Yes sir lmao alright so heres the update I
Got compression 130 psi. I got spark with the plug to the jug. I moved the needle closer to the seat in the carb an the overflow stopped leaking I think I may have the measurement I measure a price of cardboard out to exactly 22 mm I thought maybe I was off or maybe I need to clean the carb better I can't get the pilot out I need a smaller scre driver. I don't know exactly what it is but maybe a carb rebuild kit could help I haven't ordered it yet because my mom didn't have her credit card on her an I don't have pay pal. What's the thought I'm semi convinced it could be the carb.

So you have narrowed it down to 1 of 2 things, a filthy carb or an air leak, fixing it should be all down hill from here.

This may help.

14mqc1y.jpg