Gasket sealant or not????

mmajay

800 V Twin
Aug 6, 2010
Busco Beach NC/ Goldsboro
Going to put this motor back together and wondering if i should apply yamabond or anything else to the base gasket as well as is it required to put anything on the clutch cover gasket?? Hate for it to leak.

i was told it is best to just use the base gasket and no kind of sealant on the head area. i dont know for sure, but thats what i was told

I always put a thin coat of Yamabond on both side of the base gasket. I leave nothing to chance. I can see where it's not necessary, but my cases don't seem to match up perfect. Nothing on the clutch cover though.

Last edited:
I always put a thin coat of Yamabond on both side of the base gasket. I leave nothing to chance. I can see where it's not necessary, but my cases don't seem to match up perfect. Nothing on the clutch cover though.

Thanx, i put a slight coat of good old yamabond on the base just to make sure. I just wanted to see if others are doing this as well.

Thanx all, Yea i am going to put some on the intake gaskets as well but not before i take a week off to go on a fishing trip at the beach, the weather is awsome this time of year. This motor is going to have to wait another week or 2.I:I

Thanx all, Yea i am going to put some on the intake gaskets as well but not before i take a week off to go on a fishing trip at the beach, the weather is awsome this time of year. This motor is going to have to wait another week or 2.I:I

saweet man, enjoy urself and make sure u get pics

When my motor blew up it had got wayy to hot. I was worried that maybe something warped, I didn't lap the cylinder base or cases but I did yamabond it, no air leaks here and the thing runs like a champ.