Fuel Injection :D?

A product called Microsquirt can be used to modify any gasoline engine to be fuel injected
You would go crazy and broke making your blaster fuel injected.
A guy on Banshee HQ made his shee fuel injected , the amount of time and money that must have been involved is staggering . In the end you'll never gain much at all .
You need DC power , battery , fuel pump ( high pressure )
Computer , fuel mapping program , a mountain of wiring .
Unless it's fuel infected from the factory , it can stay carbed IMO

and money is exactly the thing i dont have, lol well thats a bummer, i was looking at that bc i was getting pissed off at my carb bc of the jetting problems i have, but thats another thread, it was just an idea that jumped in my head, sounds cool in theory tho

I ran a standalone/megasquirt system on my s/c'd vr6 jetta....nothing really to do with what's stated above.....but if you wanna do some reading and learn some interesting stuff look that up n do some reading....it basically allows you to run a forced induction motor past the parameters of what a normally chipped or reprogrammed ecu can handle without smoking the motor....

you can do it with hondata, honda first tested it by making a 5hp briggs motor fuel injected.

If you think tuning a carb is hard you should try custom tuning a fuel map. I have been working on it for about a year on 1 of my strret bikes.

if you can't get the carb jetting right, you may have even more issues with the fuel injection

fuel injection is so much nicer than carbs. a riding buddy has a rzr and a programmable ECU on it. he allowed me to play with the fuel maps one day. it isn't hard at all. just hook a laptop up and adjust the curves.

^i just read some of that bashing thread and it's retarded, if someone wants to take on a project and make something nice they should go for it and everyone should be interested, not be a bunch of *** that have nothing better to do all day than be keyboard warriors

on another note, I am currently making a fuel-injection conversion for RZ350, with fully tuneable powervalve and oil pump controls as well

Last edited by a moderator:
No bashing. I think it would be awsome for someone to develop a fuel injection system for the blasters. But if someones thinking about it they should know everything is custom and how hard, tedious and expensive its going to be.

the issue with fuel injection conversions is it isn't cheap yet. the ECU just cost so much.

you could make a single cylinder engine EFI for under a grand easily. it all comes done to how complex and effiecent you want your EFI to be. the more sensors, the more it will cost.

on another note, I am currently making a fuel-injection conversion for RZ350, with fully tuneable powervalve and oil pump controls as well

care to share all this awesomeness with the rest of us ???

care to share all this awesomeness with the rest of us ???

I just saw this post, when I get everything ready to assemble and test i plan to post a VERY detailed thread with the information for everyone to see! I want to spread the info to everyone, i just toss ideas with civic, 79xs, brando, etc in chat right now. still in development phase!

I:I

sweet, it was interesting reading your ideas and goals

if you can't get the carb jetting right, you may have even more issues with the fuel injection
Jettings not my problem air leaks are
EFI - Banshee HQ Forums
Here's a Banshee where someone's actually done it. Been at it for a year, finally has it pretty much sorted out. If it were a bolt and go and reasonably priced I'd be down for it. But I'm way not that smart. And Zilla is still trying to gather parts to even start his project, haven't heard much about it lately. My prediction thread for ZillaFreak's EFI project - Banshee HQ Forums LOL :eek: I:I
f*ck THAT!:eek: lol
^i just read some of that bashing thread and it's retarded, if someone wants to take on a project and make something nice they should go for it and everyone should be interested, not be a bunch of *** that have nothing better to do all day than be keyboard warriors
I havent seen any really harmful bashing but thanks for lookin out tho, people like that can go to facebook lol thats whateveryone uses it for now

That kit is pretty complete but the problem we ran into, in theory, is that the Blaster's magneto cannot produce enough power to keep a full EFi system running. Even with a high output lighting coil (75 watts), you have to rectify it to DC, you will never get 100% efficiency, probably closer to 75-80%

Assuming 80% efficiency, you would be left with about 5 Amps. Most EFi fuel pumps draw at least 4.5 Amps at the required fuel pressure. That would leave you with .5 Amp to power the EFi ECU and all electronics, AND the lighting system.

You COULD use a large (50Ah) battery and run it all day, BUT you will be draining it as you ride all the time. And, unlike carbs, if your battery dies you are screwed. You'll be pushing it home from whereever you are. No matter how many kicks you give it, she wont come back online without a charged battery.

We've discusses this topic in detail in the chat a few times with the same conclusion, without a custom charging setup(more, bigger lighting coils), it cannot be reliably done