Front hydro coversion question

Jul 13, 2011
So I'm letting my girl drive my blaster that still has the stock brake setup on it. She's complaining that its hard to stop. I did some reading on the conversion. I am wondering why do you need the KOR spindles? Is the ball stem a different size on a banshee versus a blaster. A banshee spindle and hub won't bolt up to a blaster a arm?
I also assuming if I find a 03+ blaster rear brake setup it will pretty much bolt up to to my 02 with the exception of mounting tabs for the master and rez right?

The KOR spindles are the ONLY bolt on spindles. Banshee spindles can be used with machine work. It's just easier to get the KOR spindles and I feel there more reliable.

An 03+ rear brake setup will not work on an 02 and older bike. The carriers are different and the caliper won't mount to it. You will have to make a bracket and get the newer style pedal.

to use the newer style hydro pedal, you need the 03+ peg to go with it, the pivot points are different.
or weld an extension on and use your existing peg/pedal

If your looking for a rear brake setup, Awk sells a complete rear GSXR brake setup. I have it on my Blaster and like it very much.

The drum brakes will work pretty good if all the parts are in good shape. Shoes and cables all the front bearings were about $8 apiece here in Canada, cheaper I'd guess in the USA. If your drums are good, replace all the shoes, cables and bearings for about $50 and she will stop very nicely.

Disks are better, especially in wet and high speeds, but the drums are cheap and easy to get working well.

Steve