Fresh rebuilt blaster wont run ???

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
I have a blaster has new top end, reeds, crank seals, carb is clean but i had it running but it would spit and not idle right and then the throttle stuck wide open. It only spits when i try to start it now and smokes. What can this be ?

mods
-bored .20
-boysen reeds
-245 main jet
-pro circuit header fmf silencer

I have a blaster has new top end, reeds, crank seals, carb is clean but i had it running but it would spit and not idle right and then the throttle stuck wide open. It only spits when i try to start it now and smokes. What can this be ?

mods
-bored .20
-boysen reeds
-245 main jet
-pro circuit header fmf silencer

first off 245 sounds lean, have you leak tested it?

I checked the cable for kinks its all clear. I had it running took it for a ride but it was hard to start and it rarely starts now

I blocked off my oil injector just plugged the holes on the carb with a screw and hose and same on the oil pump, can that be a problem ?

I blocked off my oil injector just plugged the holes on the carb with a screw and hose and same on the oil pump, can that be a problem ?

No that is not the problem. How many turns out is the air screw? Clean air filter? If it's a 03 or newer disconnect the parking brake. Should remove the TORS too.

Did you re jet to correct the AFR the pre mixing affects.

32:1 pre mix requires one size larger main jet.

You need at least a #280, #290 main jet.