Free quad!!

May 12, 2010
wv
I got a free scrambler 90from my moms boyfriend today. I have rode it a lot when I go to there house. The float used to stick and I'd hit it with a wrench or something to get it loosened up. Well now it will idle but you can't give it any gas and then it just bogs out and dies. It's not the float that's doing it now I don't think. I've read that it could be multiple things that cause it. But does anyone have any idea what it might be so as soon as I get it Monday I can try out a couple ways to fix it?

I got a free scrambler 90from my moms boyfriend today. I have rode it a lot when I go to there house. The float used to stick and I'd hit it with a wrench or something to get it loosened up. Well now it will idle but you can't give it any gas and then it just bogs out and dies. It's not the float that's doing it now I don't think. I've read that it could be multiple things that cause it. But does anyone have any idea what it might be so as soon as I get it Monday I can try out a couple ways to fix it?

its the pilot jet, clean the carb

I can ALMOST guarantee its the reeds/reed petals. Take the carb off and look for broken, cracked or missing reed petals ... If nothing is visibly wrong then take the reed cage out and check to see if the reed petals are sealing against the cage.

So it seems like I need to convert to manual choke. I can get a full carb with manual choke on ebay for 30 bucks!