for you car aduio junkies

when you mean plety loud are you talking it will be decent or its gonna make some heads tur? I want a real bass ligit system that just shakes the ground thats how I like my music ahahha

the set up i had in my eclipse with one 12 rattled bottles of alcohol of the shelvs of a gas station... it sounded like the windows of places were gonan shatter when i left the system on to run into agas station

the set up i had in my eclipse with one 12 rattled bottles of alcohol of the shelvs of a gas station... it sounded like the windows of places were gonan shatter when i left the system on to run into agas station

ite ahahah this sounds like the 4 subs is gonna be mad nice system what you think 2 hyfonix's amps to power these at what 1500amps right 2000 will be to much and can blow them and can I hook up that thing I forget what its called so you can lower the bass down to normal so you can listen to other stuff besides rap sometimes

Speakin of alcohol and stereos. My one friend had a Caprice with a bad ass stereo and we went out one nite. I was the DD and we were heading to our local pool hall and we had a friend in the back who was drunk and was drinking a 40 of OE and it was a 15 min ride or so. He started laughing and we looked back and the beer started fizzing in his gut and coming out of his mouth. The bass shook him that hard. It was hilarious. He looked like had rabies.

have fun with that lol
i dont care much for any nissan or stuff like that i drive american

my titan was made in america...

what do you drive? stock titans pull mid to high 15s... 4wds with 33"s and less mods than I have pull 14s... I run 35"s and can still go well over 100mph and get there quickly... my wife's expedition has no where near the power of my truck.. I bought it for her. I've had alot of issues with the quality of it handling it's power but I added intake, exhaust, LT headers, programmer to name a few things... so I have quite a bit more than stock and I drive all 300+ Hp of it.

as 4 tha vid i dont even have 2 watch to know thats meade, he's come a long way from his 2 RF 18"s in his civic. his setup is badazz for sure tho!

I've had a few setups that did 150s on audio controls and such. most impressive were a single soloX 10" that I had doing 152.8 at 37hz which is still pretty low bass, legal at the dash car closed. and a single DD 9510f tuned silly low doing this in my wife's old jetta we sold last week...

DD9510F 3.5ft^3 60in^2 port 35hz pg x600.1 amp Video by Tom - MySpace Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/Services/Media/Embed.aspx/m=6362918@@AMEPARAM@@mediaservices@@AMEPARAM@@myspace@@AMEPARAM@@Services/Media/Embed@@AMEPARAM@@aspx/m@@AMEPARAM@@6362918

I do all my own boxes and installs. that box is FAR from a DD spec box clearly for a single 10" and was tuned iirc about 30hz give or take. I still have it. I made it for a sick 12" I had but wanted to sample the DD soon I got it so I made a smaller plate to cover the hole and that is the result off a PG x600.1 amp that float around the net for about $180ea... I've done alot of larger setups and was a member of team maxxsonics back in like 05-06. you can probably google my screen name and come up with stuff. most of my old big loud setups only vids I had were on the old ROE and aren't around anymore. biggest recent setup I did was in my wifes expedition 2 AQ HD3 15"s (older american version) 4 xp1400d crossfires and 4 trojan L-16 group batts did a 149 something legal on the dash termlab about 40hz 148.8 music was loud inside definitely louder than smaller setups that can peak higher numbers but don't have the displacement to back it up on music.

2 AQ HD3 15"s, 4 crossfire xp1400ds strapped 2.8ohms Video by Tom - MySpace Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/Services/Media/Embed.aspx/m=101100042@@AMEPARAM@@mediaservices@@AMEPARAM@@myspace@@AMEPARAM@@Services/Media/Embed@@AMEPARAM@@aspx/m@@AMEPARAM@@101100042

reconed them just before the build was done, did that myself too.

probably better to just goto my page if anyone is interested, I'll drop one shot of my 17" tall batts adding 600#s to the 07 expeditions rump LOL

index.cfm

those jumpers are 0awg for reference.

the bass part of my name doesn't derive from cocaine lol...

DSC00040.jpg

relocated the batts and laid it down how I designed it to be. I didn't have time to do the battery box before the 1st comp so I ran it like that for like a month standing up like a wall.. it was a little louder that way but I like seeing outta the mirror... the wife didn't like it. but she didn't like my truck after I put 15.5" wide swampers on it with 14" wide rims LOL and 2 5/8" wheel backspace.. I loved it, as did most of the guys. got rid of them as I didn't want tickets lol. it's like $1200 if they peg you for all 4 tires at once..

DSC00089.jpg

I just about need to start my own thread, I'll drop two more pix that I like :D went mudding..

DSC00127.jpg

and the 12" I built the box the DD was in for...

l_34f4021c63d911afe57074a90f3f20b0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4cfed
Very nice setup.
I will never ever care for a nissan, toyota, or any other car manufacturer such as those. I will always drive real american cars, my father works at GM and i support this country. I will drive nothing but GM cars. I am 15 and do not have a license but I do have my permit I drive a Saturn Aura, or a Chevy Malibu.

Reactions: 4cfed
haha nice!! im diggin the DD's!!! i loved my 3512 ( technicly it was a rebuilt 35 with the 45 coils and large carbon cap)

DIDN'T EVER think I would find guys who're DD fans here. I've been a member of the DD forum since before their newest 2006 one. the last one went down right before the new one came up I think I was a member there since like 02 termpro I've been a member since like 01, and elite car audio and a few others since 2000. it's soundpressure.com is the DD forum, you'll find it on their site too DDaudio.com.. I run a 3 way active front stage and will be putting in my DD LT 6.5" mids in there soon ported in the titan doors :D have been running 8"s IB in the doors for a long while and need to change it up. had DLS 8"s, then got Peerless SLS 8"s (drivers side is still in) pulled the pass and glassed the foundation. I glassed pods for my mids in october I think or maybe october of 08 forget been a while.. just recently semi-retired from sounds. sold my dual sensor termlab that I had since 06 just after christmas and wanted to get into bikes and here I am lol. here's some of my old toys. had the MT 18" back in 01, it was the 8th prototype MT back before even meade had them. he had them before Scott sold RE and started FI...

21039600002_large.jpg

this was my closet back in my audio days, remember this is just one closet, not including my storage shed or under the house lol

21039600116_medium.jpg
most of these subs were fully functional at the time of the pix, the 1st pic they were all fully functional iirc the one with them sitting, I know the 15"s, 18" and soloX 10" were all fine not sure if I blew the 8"s yet lol

my old daily rims/tires, need new rubber but still got um the toyos are bald and 35x20 toyo MTs are one of the priceyest lol

21039600339_large.jpg

that was before my headers... I'm getting way too carried away, I'll just throw a pic of my DD mids up, I have a linear power amp thats going to run them ;)

DSC00132.jpg

I think I better stop as I'm not wanting a thread about my old drug addiction (it's expensive, addicting and bad for your health, I think that it qualifies LOL) wife say's I'm just going from one addiction to another I totally agree, but everyone can ride the bikes/quads it's not just about me :D

I did have her do like 2 or 3 comps with her jetta, she took 1st in the spl categories in her class and sometimes beat the guys in the next class higher :) I know she tied for 2nd in the higher class than hers at one comp and shut it down completely another time and her competitor was like 6dbs behind her lol. she lost interest but she does have like 2 or 3 trophies still.. all 1st place. mine are ALMOST all 1st. I entered once against her because I was told there was no one in her class. I meter'd both setups and knew hers was louder (as mine wasn't comp intended) but I did it more so she could have an official win and ended up there were more people in the class and I took 2nd and she took 1st it was funny as hell lol

Last edited:
DIDN'T EVER think I would find guys who're DD fans here. I've been a member of the DD forum since before their newest 2006 one. the last one went down right before the new one came up I think I was a member there since like 02 termpro I've been a member since like 01, and elite car audio and a few others since 2000. it's soundpressure.com is the DD forum, you'll find it on their site too DDaudio.com.. I run a 3 way active front stage and will be putting in my DD LT 6.5" mids in there soon ported in the titan doors :D have been running 8"s IB in the doors for a long while and need to change it up. had DLS 8"s, then got Peerless SLS 8"s (drivers side is still in) pulled the pass and glassed the foundation. I glassed pods for my mids in october I think or maybe october of 08 forget been a while.. just recently semi-retired from sounds. sold my dual sensor termlab that I had since 06 just after christmas and wanted to get into bikes and here I am lol.

iv owned some bigger name subs, treo, orion, mtx 7500s .. by far my twop fav subs ever were the shocker, and my dd, i actually dropped my sub box and the sheocker fell apart, the magnet was so heavy when i dropped the box it ripped the cage right off the ring thats screwed to the box..
replaced it with the dd i bought from a audio shop here, guy paid for it and never picked it up, so i got it cheap ( 150 bucks) put it in the shocker box and never looked back, only reson isold it was my trans went out and needed the money for a trans

iv owned some bigger name subs, treo, orion, mtx 7500s .. by far my twop fav subs ever were the shocker, and my dd, i actually dropped my sub box and the sheocker fell apart, the magnet was so heavy when i dropped the box it ripped the cage right off the ring thats screwed to the box..
replaced it with the dd i bought from a audio shop here, guy paid for it and never picked it up, so i got it cheap ( 150 bucks) put it in the shocker box and never looked back, only reson isold it was my trans went out and needed the money for a trans

my daily sub in 2000-2001 was a shocker super extreme 18" :D I blew it then got the prototype MT 18" after talking to David Moore who used to work at RE. Mike Ankley or whatever (the old owner back when shocker was Atomic Thunder before MTX sued them) ripped alot of people off, so I never went back with another shocker :( they had a shocker forum for a while. the motors were all TC motors Mike just chose soft parts and assembled them to the motors himself, then all his followers learned to do it and reconed/built subs as well. never been impressed with Treo myself, at least not enough to ever run any. car audio planet was probably the biggest forum pre-2000 there was alot of knowledge there, that was where I 1st learned of shocker, DD was always around in as&s mags winning spl stuff, then after I joined Car audio planet, I started seeing shocker subs in the mags too. imo, my shocker was louder than the RE MT but the RE could take more power and ultimately get louder. the best combo one of my team mates ran (Street B world record holder of 05/06 Mike Stiers said the shocker Sig with RE MT soft parts were the loudest from their experimenting) and trust me, they would know. Terry Brocks also team maxxsonics member (street A WR holder and setter for too many years to count runs DD for the most part now, and did good with soloX 10"s as well) these guys have VERY deep pockets (I average about 10gs a year and they are WELL beyond that) there is no sub that is out of their budget... so when they tell me this or that is better at x amount of watts in such and such interior pressure levels I take it as scientifically proven...

I still have some stuff..

if you like loud subs check out the DC soundlabs subs as well as the new sundown subs, they both have the same amps iirc but sundown always comes out with bigger better stuff and is an amp company, DC (Rusty Flowers I think his last name is, the owner of DC used to be on team maxxsonics back when I was as a matter of fact lol) the audio world is kinda small imo. cool community for the most part. I just don't wanna compete anymore and am still "trying" to quit lol. I've competed against everything loud and honestly it's all in the install... I've beaten a soloX 18" and 2 L7 15" with a soloX 10"..... his was in an xterra mine was in my focus hatch... both legal car closed/sealed mic at dash. I've gone against DDs, REs, FIs, Treo (stomped an SSX 18" with my soloX 10") I think the only sub I didn't run against was another shocker.... I didn't see anyone running Bravox's spl sub either but from testing I've seen it's not as loud as a DD 9500.. my buddy locally has a 99z18 he may have sold it by now tho. carbon cone and cap nice sub, he wanted to trade me for my Termlab + cash and I told him I was retiring LOL the new sundown Nightshade will be a force as well as DCs level 6, their level 5 and 4XL are monsters already as is the nightshade v1 and Zv1 sundowns

oh, and Scott (owner of FI) is the one OEMing the SMD sub and new Xfire sub.. those will be interesting...

P2230436.jpg

P2230439.jpg

that is the crossfire spl sub OEMd by FI designed by Scott. very similar motor topology to the SMD sub. incase u don't know that is Steve Meade sub. he has his own forum. he's the guy in the 1st vid this thread was about lol. I guess I should click on it to verify before I say such things? nah, 99% sure that's who that is.

anyway, you tube for Tommy Mckinney or Pipo Sanchez too, they're both loud on music too, Tommy is known for his truck Hoe problems and his setup has come a long way as well, and he was ahead of meade for a long while. not sure now I hear steve does 160s. haven't watched one of his vids in a while...

Tommy could do 60's if his windshield would hold it... That little Mazda is bad ass but the windshield is so weak it holds back the truck really bad. I use to compeat back in 04,05, and I quit in 06 when everything went to sh*t in DB Drag. The last time I went to World Finals was in Louisville. In 05 i think it was maybe 04 I can't remember I won MECA's world finals in M2 class with 2 RE MT 15's and 2 Incriminator Audio IA 20.1's (lol at the time it was the only 2 made yet) I did 158.8 outlaw and 156.4 legal on the dash closed up. That was also on the Term Lab meter. The best I ever done with it was 160.2 with 4 MA Audio HK 4000d's on 18 volts in a DB Drag event.

I want a real bass ligit system that just shakes the ground thats how I like my music ahahha

you mean thats how you like your noise...

honestly all i would run for a audio system is..
a good deck like a kenwood, Pioneer, or good SONY
then i would get some pioneer tweeters..
some pioneer mids..
and a 8" sub with a small amp if that...

but then again i listen to rock...I:I