fly wheel key?

2001blaster10

i have herd a couple people talking about a key in the fly wheel, that can shear. i was wondering how u can check to see if it sheared or not and the steps to take the fly wheel off.

you would know if it was sheared, you blaster wourld run like sh*t, and you need a puller to remove yuour flywheel

lol its not running and when it stoped runing it just died but i ordered new reeds today to hopfully fix the problem

you need a puller to get the flywheel off.... then there is a slit in the shaft to accept a half moon shaped piece of metal... thats the key... if it does sheer off.. the quad will stop instantly... well, when the flywheel stops spinning at least.
i doubt its your reeds as to what the problem is... anyways.. if you need a key, many hardware/lawnmower shops will have them.. as they use the key system too

ah i hope its the reed the thing just died i pulled the reeds and they each and every flap even the base plastic piece was open about 1/16th on an inch but ill look in to it if the reeds dont fix the problem