flat track

meeks150

Nov 12, 2010
i got a 98 blaster that i want to make in to a flat tracker. any ideas on what to do to the motor,susension, echxaust, tires, ect.

kinda new that one lol just trying to get ideas on how far to widen it, what kinda motor work how to set it up ( top speed or accl) i raced mx on dirtbikes for years and kinda want to do flat track on a quad. so all the help would be nice.

thanks

go as wide as the rules allow if possible, anti-roll bar, keep it stock length, good clutch basket and clutch, and get ready to go for a ride

mine used to be a flat tracker all the guy did before me was weld extra mounts to make the shocks lower on the a arms and swingarm i have a swingarm with a strong mount on it that makes the quad as low as it can go i will post pictures if you want but let me know

ya if you could post some pics that would be nice thanks. where you think would be the best place to get the parts like axle ect.i been looking at g-force axle think it can go all -the way to a +4 not sure.all they want is like 170 for it.what a-arms would u go with?

widen it out with spacers or a arms if u have the cash, 50 inches should be ur goal, put some nice lightweight rims like dwt .125's with hoosier flat track tires, prolly 18-20 inch, make it have alot of top end power in the engine( talk to ken o connor) and keep it short, prolly gonna have to mess with the gearing, remove front fenders and maybe shave rears to give u optimal room to move around so u can really lean into the corners

i want to thank every one that has helped me on this post. got bad news cant build one yet. i was going to buy this guys bike this weeking he was susposed to be holding it for me untill i could come. well he sold it so now i am on the hunt for a new one. any one have one for sale thats near IL? dont want to spend alot on one and it can have mods or stock. but keep the post comeing cuz i still plan on building one just not right this sec now :/