First Blaster rebuild!

BlasterR1

Jan 13, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Hi BF, this is my first time starting a build thread and I am kinda new to the forum. I now have 2 blasters since my recent purchase. I plan on starting another build thread of my other blaster with a r1 engine, but that's another story. I:I

I bought another Blaster a few days ago and it ended up having a blown motor. I then decided to do a complete rebuild of the engine and strip down the frame for some new color. Wiseco crank and piston set has already been shipped out.

I pulled the motor and tore it down the night I brought it home and was in too much of a rush to take pictures. but this is how the frame sits now. Planning on a cherry red frame.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the build!

As always, pictures I:I

I hope i can powder coat my frame soon, adding gussets is my main concern. I want to do a base coat of chrome, then a translucent red on top.
Basically it will be a red see through chrome frame :D

welcome I too am doing my first full build may take awhile im financially challenged.but I have a good start and im going to try to barter for a lot of stuff good luck and God bless

Looks good so far. I am not a fan of wiseco cranks. I know multiple shops that won't even install them. If possible send it back and get a stock stroke hot rods or a Vito's 3mm stroker.

I will have just under $1000 into it once I am done with this build. Just going to be a trail bike.
Whats wrong with the wiseco crank?

Found some pictures I had, what it looked like before tear down...

Wiseco cranks are made in China. They are known to break soon after they are installed. They will take a completely new motor and turn it into scrap. I will not run a wiseco crank. I have had one come apart and read many horror stories. Even seen one break in half. Do yourself a favor and have your stock crank rebuilt if you want to go stock stroke.

Stripped it down to bare frame this morning. Going to do a little shaving of un used tabs. After I have fun with my grinder I will sand it down and get a few coats of paint on it.

The bare frame with my R1 blaster in the background

Will update later today with pictures.

I will call the company and see if I can return the crank. I wish I knew that before I ordered the set. Where can I get a stock crank?
I have always had good experience with Wiseco and I use their parts in all my other toys.

Why not have the one you pulled from the blown motor re built by a reputable builder.

Or was it damaged beyond repair?

It is kinda bad, piston skirt broke off and had fun in the bottom end. Case is good though.
I will just run the wiseco crank for now and be the test subject on how they last. I don't plan to keep the blasty motor for too long. I like hybrid swaps.

Nice colour, remember, just enough paint to cover, rubbing back between dry coats to promote adhesion, will help avoid chipping.

I would like to do a swap, but i figure a bike 250 motor to be enough.[/QUOTE]

I have a swapped blaster already, but I was thinking yz250 or similar