Finally getting around to building something

93BoxRyder

Sep 2, 2008
South Fl
Whats up guys, been lurking for a long time reading up and what not and I finally got a project, well two actually. A good friend of mine got a 03 Blaster in trade and according to the p.o. it has a hotrods crank and a 240 kit. Im not sure but it does haul ass, definetly has something done to it. But anyways it had been rode hard and put up wet. He started ripping it apart to clean it up and give it the TLC it needed after the crankcase broke where the shifter comes out. He also bought an older parts blaster that is seized for a good price to use for stuff if he needed it.

Well that being said, he moved and told me to come get them or theyre gettin set out by the road, so of course I hopped on it. So now where I sit is trying to get the good one back together to ride with my buddies. I will be having the crankcase welded in a week or so when I get it off and I plan on doing a banshee axle going ahead and doing a new heavy duty clutch since the motors out and giving the whole thing a once over. Basically getting everything in good running condition.

After thats done I plan on tackling the parts blaster and seeing if I can get it running again.

Any help or advice would be appriciated

welcome to BF. !

advice.....
-no half assing, do it right the first time,
-have that cylinder/piston profesionally measured/honed/bored, wiseco piston
- get a leakdown tester from member slickerthanyou on here, airleaks = wasted $$$
-proper heat cycles. retorque head/base bolts
-check out the "driveline performance 240HD clutch kits" on ebay
-completely disassemble and clean that carb, write down carb size and make ? and the jetting #'s while your in there, and report them to us for help jetting
-plug chop to confirm main jetting
-93 octane mixed 32:1 with a good 2 stroke oil, i prefer maxima super m

^^^ Just one thing to add. If you go with the driveline performance 240HD (versus the regular HD clutch) check out the EZ pull clutch handle mod in the DIY section! The 240HD springs are the same diameter and spring rate but are like 1/4" longer so the initial pull is a bunch harder.

Thanks for the welcome guys and yes those subjects are pretty much exactly what Ive been reading up on. Im pretty sure its the stock carb so I plan on getting a new one when the time comes.

Thats the exact mix of fuel/oil I recommended to my buddy when he had it and there was a huge difference between that and what he was running(87 and cheap oil). We had her running like a raped ape for awhile till the crank case broke.

Thanks for all the info as well guys Im going to continue reading up and preparing for the task ahead.

Heres a couple pics, unfortunatly they are sitting outside under tarps right now but thats going to change soon I hope.

Heres the one that I will be rebuilding. Id like to do a white frame with black plastics and wheels eventually. Going tofinish strippin it down to the frame and sand prime and paint the whole thing. Then try and salvage the wiring harness.
ResizedImage_1340563180718.jpg

Heres the parts blaster. Its an older one with drum brakes and the headlight on the handlebars but I cant seem to locate a VIN on the frame where they usually are. Id like to get this one back to running condition as well but I might just take the motor out rebuild it and put it in a go kart
ResizedImage_1340563143734.jpg

Parts, wheels and plastics galore
ResizedImage_1340563113789.jpg

Sell me that Green DG bumper , What brand Silencer do you have ? , That Head pipe looks to be a Pro Circuit Platinum , I Have That Head Pipe But Need a Silencer For It , Let Me know What you Will Be Selling !!

Hey, my son just rescued a worse mess than that in less than a week.
My quad didn't look any better when I brought it home.
Here is something to look out for, the handle bars on mine were broke.
Seller hid the break under one of the clamps by offsetting the bars:

181408_10150134021130803_6250708_n.jpg

Look out for traps like this. Blasters are cheap and easy to rebuild.
You will know the quad better if you go over everything.

Hey, my son just rescued a worse mess than that in less than a week.
My quad didn't look any better when I brought it home.
Here is something to look out for, the handle bars on mine were broke.
Seller hid the break under one of the clamps by offsetting the bars:

181408_10150134021130803_6250708_n.jpg

Look out for traps like this. Blasters are cheap and easy to rebuild.
You will know the quad better if you go over everything.

That's a Shame , They could have easily said The bars are broke too be careful or something , That's dangerous for sure

Thanks guys I hope to have it up and running and riding fairly quick. The exhaust is FMF fatty gold series and im not sure what the silencers are. The one that was on the bike has a sticker peeling and scraped off and the one off the other doesnt have a sticker or stamp on it. Id be willing to let the DG bumper go since I wanna get the bumper with the teeth lol, I love that bumper.

Best thats a f*cked up thing to do on your sellers point, I hate sneaks and liars. I was helping my buddy take everything apart so I know whats going on for the most part.

The main things it needs right now is the crankcase welded and a swingarm rebuild if I dont get a different one instead. Oh and reassembly of course lol

Thanks guys I hope to have it up and running and riding fairly quick. The exhaust is FMF fatty gold series and im not sure what the silencers are. The one that was on the bike has a sticker peeling and scraped off and the one off the other doesnt have a sticker or stamp on it. Id be willing to let the DG bumper go since I wanna get the bumper with the teeth lol, I love that bumper.

Okay Sounds Good I Have First Dibs then haha ! , About the Silencers can you take more pics , allot of people can tell what it is by looking at it , Good start so far for parts and mods !

Lol you're top of the list when it comes time to let it go. I was thinkin about taking pix of em today but forgot to dig em out. Ill snap a couple tomorrow.

Lol you're top of the list when it comes time to let it go. I was thinkin about taking pix of em today but forgot to dig em out. Ill snap a couple tomorrow.

Sounds Good , I need to buy a Walmart card to put money on for pay pal , Or I Used money orders before the pay pal thing came into play