FASTER blaster????

[><]Buck[><]

Jul 13, 2011
Delaware
so i have a 1997 blaster. basically stock except vitos 240 bbk and stock carb jetted. how can i make my blaster stupid fast. i wanna be able to hang with 400 ex's at least. please give me a list of things i can do.that wont totally break the bank. thankss;)

ohhhhhhohoho we can give you ideas all right....let me make a list of mods and prices, hehehehe

alright let me see if I can get a list to make your blaster fast, but get some body parts to make it handle well too

In order from parts you should get first to last:
Handling:

400ex shock with Ken's bushings-I have on for sale $35+$25 for bushings
400 EX bushings
Works front shocks-$150-175ish
Banshee Axle-might find one for $80 or so

Alright now to the motor:
Send that 240 off to ken to get ported-$175
Two Stroke Porting, four wheeler porting, motorcycle porting, 4 wheeler porting,
Get you head machined by ken too-$60
Right bend pipe like Trinity-$330, might find a right bend used for cheaper
blaster Trinity | eBay
34mm Carb-$50ish
You will need a tors delete cable to go with it-$25ish
Mikuni Carburetor 34mm 270 Jet 2.5 Slide Arctic Cat Polaris | eBay
Total=$955 give or take for if you can wait it out and find cheaper ones

Last edited by a moderator:
You should split that cash on motor and suspension. Get yourself a 400ex rear shock,used Works brand front shocks,porting,35mm carb,right bend pipe,+4 timing mod,Uni air filter. That's a good start but there's loads more that can be done.

There's a ton of power to be had in that vito's kit. Send it out to get ported, any of the porters here will treat you right (personally I use KOR). Get the head modded by whoever does the porting. An fmf pipe atleast, I would look for a 34mm carb. Do a DIY timing advance. 400ex rear shock with KOR bushings. A good used set of works on the front will do you good. If your paintent and alittle savy you can come in well under 1K...for example I just got a used set of vf3's with a spacer and carb boot for $90

yea buying used parts off kijiji or craigs will save you tons. motor mods listed above are what you should be fallowing. these blasters can be built to keep up with the big bikes altho theres speed to be made for trail riding in your chassis. if your older or bigger. i highly recommend a +3 swingarm, banshee axle, front widen, ltz/400ex rearshock, works fronts, +3 extended stem. TONs of better handling, after rideing the fully extended bike going back to stock is beat

lots of good ideas given.. i can tell you first hand that the vitos bbk can lay some serious ponies down. mine ran against a 500 predator beat him by a tire in 300 ft and a 450r and yfz450 a quad an a half behind not bad for around half the ccs lol. anyways definitly get that thing ported and head redesigned. better tires make a world of difference too if urs are stockers or roundies. make sure to talk to your builder most of all so he can tell you what parts to get to set up everything together. if he ports ur engine for a low to mid pipe and you buy a top end pipe ur gonna be robbing urself of some power. but yeah the basics. you already have one of the priceier parts the bbk. get it ported get the carb a set of reeds, the shocks (trx250r shocks work awesome for the rear too) and with the added power you probably wanna extend the swinger