Factory service manual vs. clymer?

giantvt104

Jan 6, 2012
deer park, ny
I downloaded the factory manual, 03-06 supplement and parts list. Then i printed the whole 400 pages and put them in 3 ring binders. It is awesome to have and has been so helpful. My question is about the clymer manual. Does it have anything that i would need beyond the factory one. Are their any benifits to having both or am I ok with the yamaha factory service? Is their more step by step directions? I just dont want to dish out the 30 bucks if not needed. So many other mods i could put it towards. Thank guys.

I thought it would be more clear for individual proccesses cause the yamaha one is like full tear down and rebuild from the ground up style. Im gonna grab the clymer one and have both so i can get all the details available on a given application. thanks jay.

Plus Clymers has general maintenance , tip, trick, and info. Such as they show how to measure the bore/piston, has a diagram showing which circut in carb at which throttle opening.

Get the clymer manual for sure. The pictures are a lot clearer, and it includes a few things that the factory manual doesn't. Worth the money IMO.