expanding gas tank

shane408

Oct 5, 2014
before i ruin my gas tank i wanted to ask you guys on here. so as all of you know 2 smokers suck on gas and when me and my buds go for a long ride i have to strap a gas can which i hate to do, so my friend said to fill your gas tank with hot water maybe even boiling and figure out a way to pressurize it to stretch out the tank to get maybe a half gallon more, anybody ever do this? sounds like it would work

the tank would worp out of shape dont fancy filling with boiling water then adding pressure would you add pressure to a kettle lol just buy a larger tank you get them on ebay

I have seen portable atv gas tanks to fit nicely on the rear grab bar. They are thin and flat. I cant remember the brand though.

:D
it has expanded by itself since what? 2006
i remember watching art eckman doing a review on jeff stantons cr250 saying they used an older tank cuz it has expanded over the years...thats all i got

I was going to leave the oil injection bottle where it was and use that as a reserve tank. Still considering it.

Can you expand the tank? .. yes .. is it worth the trouble? .. Probably not .. you'll only gain a few ounces .. will a 1/2 pint get ya back .. not if ya run out first :)

tankmod-1.jpg

Reactions: jus_me
Running a 2 stroke out of fuel can do irreparable damage as it creates an extremely lean mixture which is also void of any lebrication.