ever wanted a seriously loud horn??

phragle

Feb 7, 2009
Godfather to the blaster family
a fun project, you will need an airhorn (about $10 at walmart etc) A BMX bike brake lever and cable. an elbow catch ($1 at the hardware store) mount the brake lever near the clutch lever so you can reach it. ziptie the horn under the nosepiece. drill a hole big enough for the wire part of the cable to slide thru the bell of the horn as shown, you may need to add a return spring if the cable is stickey. the fun part is telling your buddy to look at how you stricked something out on the a-arm etc, he bends down to look at it and hit the horn,,he will go airborn hehehe on the track, it will get people out of yourway, and has a cool factor if you hit i while airborn over a big jump I:I

Last edited:
oh yes...this is what im talking about!! lol ive bugged mr for a damn horn on my blaster since day one and hes laughed at me everytime...now im gettin a horn!! lol any more advice??

not really, if you think about it and look at the piks it's really simple. we made them for a couple years in the late 80's when racing SCORE because quads have 4 wheels and there was a rule that all 4 wheeled vehicles had to have a horn thye later changed the rule to clairfy 4 wheeled cars and trucks..

last semester a kid in my design tech class got ahold of a semi truck air horn and a nice air tank for free. hes got the horn under the hood of his pt cruiser and a line running to the trunk with the air tank. he bought this electronic valve to hook up inside for easy use. its pure awsomeness lol. so loud. you honk that thing and people look around expecting to see a huge truck.

so sick lol.

I wonder If a car horn could run off the stator both being 12v and all. I have an old ooga horn that would be pretty funny. I might try it on the high beam or something. Just might not work in combination with the headlights on. They have 12v electric air horns almost as loud as a train horn at walmart too.

horns are fun. but when the anoying people get ahold of them it sucks, my anoying neighbor's moped has a loud beep beep horn and he just blairs it down the road and up and down my driveway and its driving me nuts, i'm about to destroy his whole freakin' moped. he even goes on my track and destroys my jumps, i'm gonna kill him!!!