Epic Fail!

Pwncody

Aug 13, 2011
Somerset, KY
Just went riding with my friend went down Into the creek and It was slick rock, Got a little water In the engine and the next thing I knew It wouldnt start. Had to have him pull me 4 miles up to the road so I could roll start It. That was my daily adventure.

I drowned my blaster a bunch of times. I pulled the spark plug , stood the quad up and leaned it back so all the water would drain out while using my hand to operate the kick starter. Then i put the plug back in, drained all the trans oil, filled it with new oil. Started er up and let it idle for a bit then drained and refilled the trans oil again and she was good as new.

This is what happens to your piston when you get water through the intake (air filter).
DSC02365.jpg

Yes, that was my piston

I didn't get water In my air-filter, The water was only 1 foot deep, I just had my friend pull me so the It would dry up. Once I had It running I held the clutch and gave It some gas so It would dry the water up. I didn't notice, but when i was drying the plug off there was a little water-snake under my blaster. Cant wait to ride some more tomorrow. My blaster has been messing up to much so Im thinking about trading It off for a 2001 Honda 400EX.

I beleive it is not the blaster messing up as you say. I think it is the owner messing up by not performing proper maintenance. The 400ex will not treat you any better if you do not properly maintain it and keep it from being submerged.

I agree with both of those posts. 400ex actually would be harder to maintain than a blaster, due to their FREQUENT oil changes and parts being more expensive than blaster parts. Blasters are one of the easiest ATV's out there to maintain, keep clean, and keep the engine running good. Not to mention their OUTSTANDING capability of modification and easyness to find parts.