Engine boggin

memograft

Dec 27, 2011
richmond ca
I have a yamaha blaster that started bogginn like
Theres no power band..i got a new piston n send the cylinder
Out.got it back hoping ill put it back n go..but no.is the same..i put the carb from my other blaster n same thing..cant figure it out..theres just no power.any help would be
Great thanks

compression test ??
leakdown test ??
reeds good condition ??
new spark plug ??
good spark ??
plug boot and wire in good condition ??
flywheel key not sheared ??

pipe not blocked ??? (mice nests are common)
remove pipe from cylinder and see if it responds, just quickly though.

I did the sparkplug.put the pipe from my other blaster thats runing good.reeds good.boot ok.everything is good just havent check the flywheel key...is a 94 with thors remove and vforce reed and thatsts it....im going to try the flywheel what about the box the controls the revs..can the affect....cuz it runs just power band never kicks in n it gets super hot quick engine stry crackling.like making noise..

yes, the intake windows on the piston must face BACK, if its crackling thats severe detonation. meaning you are either jetting incredibly lean or your timing (flywheel) is seriously too far advanced.

Either way DO NOT ride like that or that piston will end up in a bucket you will have to walk down the street collecting the pieces.

Do a Leaktest. that is your primary troubleshooting test! do it.

im going to try the flywheel what about the box the controls the revs..can the affect....cuz it runs just power band never kicks in n it gets super hot quick engine stry crackling.like making noise..

Super hot quick=air leak/lean condition X( . What happened to old piston?:eek: