Eliminate rear brake handlebar, use the foot?

Robert

Jul 24, 2010
Western NY
I'm currently with a bike that came with a jury rigged handlebar brake that only works the fronts. My question is, do I keep the handlebar for the fronts and get a kit to work the back only with the right foot or do I go ahead and get the correct handlebar setup and run the cables to the back that way and leave the foot pedal for the parking brake? I need inputs......

I've found these on ebay and would like opinions as well. I want this thing to stop the right way.

SPI Direct Rear Brake Cable Blaster YFS200 YFS 200: eBay Motors (item 200499097427 end time Aug-20-10 13:39:20 PDT)

YAMAHA BLASTER CLUTCH PERCH LEVER CABLE BRAKE SWITCH: eBay Motors (item 250518384960 end time Aug-18-10 10:51:44 PDT)

Let me know if these are good deals or if someone has a setup they'd like to sell to me. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
i belive the brake on top controls the ebrake and the foot does teh actual braking. i would just get a cable that eliminates the parking brake then youcan remove the sytem entirely before it starts acting up.

the first link, that's what you need to get to make your rear brakes work better. It also eliminates the stupid parking brake thingy. Just put it in gear when you park it!!

yeah, my buddy said that when he stopped by today to leave it in gear. At least I now know that I don't have to do too much to get my rear to stop.

Thanks everyone!!!

I'll be starting to make my reeds soon. We'll see how that goes!