electrical fan hookup?

Anything is possible.... I can see the problem being most fans run off of a water temp sensor (blasters aren't cooled with water). So unless you just have an "on/off" switch for the fan it may be difficult to do an "automatic" type wiring system.

i planned to hook the fan up to a switch. i bought a 4 amp fan from jegs for it. and i tried to hook the fan up through the headlight wiring but it wont make the fan spin. so i was wondering if there is anywhere else in the electric system i could hook the fan that will actually power it..

4 amps comes out to about 48 watts. Total Blaster output is 50. That will be about all you could run. No headlights or tail lights. Idle will really screw with how the fan runs. My opinion is it is a waste of time.

I'm sure that fan isn't setup to run on A/C Power either. You would need to get a Rectifier to convert to DC.
But like dakota mentioned, 4Amps at 12VDC will be pretty much maxing out the blaster's electrical system.

If you wanted to run the fan automatically off a temperature source, you can use a thermocouple around the spark plug then tighten it down in the head, that is how TrailTech systems get their temp readings for air-cooled engines

if i get one of those thermal coupler will that work as a power source too or do i still need to wire in the fan somewhere else too?
I thought about just getting a small deep cycle battery to run it off that. the only reason im trying to hook up an electric fan is because i cut up my blaster and made a buggy and the engine now runs hot sitting behind the seat. so i bought a fan to help cool it. here is a pic. if u guys have any ideas to help cool it let me know.

48995a87.jpg

74a4732d.jpg

LOL.....A+ for creativity, man!

How about ditching the fan idea and adding some ducting to direct the air towards the motor? Probably could pull air from all sides including top & bottom.

Good luck!

yeah i plan on making air ducts to pull air towards the engine, but i figured the fan could really top it off. the thing runs like a beast and blimbs anything i point it but i just need some way of keeping it cool.

btw it did take a couple beers to talk myself into cutting it in half. LOL but I now have something thats one of a kind and can haul a passenger which was my whole intentions.

If it is running too hot and running like a scalded cat there is a possibility you are running a little on the lean side, a smaller jet will cool it some and may give you a little longer time before the rebuild.

It's runs great jus like it did as a quad but I can tell it's running hot because it's turning my exhaust a different color. And u can smell it when u shut it off. I'm doing air ducts on it tomorrow. I just want a fan to really make sure its running cool

O M G X( X( X( .Air scoops/ducts is the way to go, like noted unless you get a high output stator don't matter if you get regulator/rectifiers you still ani't making enough juice. Double check your jetting, you're putting a lot heavier load on that poor little engine.