Driving styles?

lol, you have to use the clutch for every gear

Why do you have to use the clutch goin up the gearbox? I don't know anyone who does that.. even on 2 stroke motocross bikes... does not using the clutch reck ur gearbox? =))

Dude stryder I know how you feel man lol. I always do it when im trying to race and it always screws me up lol. It also happens when im crossing roads which is kinda dangerouse lol.

lol, nah, i dont stall, i just rev really high, and then i usually accidently kick it back into first instead of second, and i almost stand up, and i pull back down, then we laugh more...then im just like..omfg, hoollly hell, imma just start in 2...so i do then i go...wow, that was a good story o_O

yea i try to stay out of the middle of the road lol u cant do that here in ky

one thing that is FUN, is when you lose your kickstarter cause it fell off and your quad is having stalling problems and you have to tie your quad up to another quad to get pull started, and whats even better is having to do it like 30 times in one day, my friend would just laugh everytime he had to pull me., but the stalling is fixed and the kickstarter is loctited on there like a biotch!

i never clutch unless going from stop to 1st , and for all the recent post who said its bad for gears, its backwards, its bad for your clutch disk and hands, all it does is wear clutch components and rider fatigue espially trail riding. i change gear oil periodically and have magnetic oil drain and dont notice any wear. u can just feel it shift theres no harm.I:II:II:I

I was under the impression that the clutch was only NEEDED for starting and stopping. Everyone I ride with including myself have shifted clutchless up and down. Its the way we were taught by fathers and uncles who rode for years and years. I clutch when riding casually but not when riding aggressive or racing...theres no time.

relief, i was told by a couple different ppl you dont NEED to use the clutch after 2nd up or down, just let off the throttle like a semi-auto quad but i use it anyway, and im sure everyone else does too. just a good idea. not like its the end of the world to clutch in when shifting. for me, it makes it fun lol, duno it feels better to use the clutch.

If you dont clutch, your tires will wear out faster from the sudden jerk of you shifting when going from one gear to the next.

If you dont clutch, your tires will wear out faster from the sudden jerk of you shifting when going from one gear to the next.

I don't think it would make that drastic of a difference unless your always on a paved road lol

blasters have strait cut gear boxes as long as your in the right rpm range you should shift without the clutch (up or down), using it only causes un-needed wear on the clutch just back off the throttle and shift they are designed to work this way without causing damage you dont even have to let completely off the throttle just enough to take the tourque of the gears for a sec while they are moving.

you can do the same in a car or truck to shift up (since they have heilical cut gears shifting down is almost impossible with out the clutch) but I dont suggest it unless you have a racing tranny or an old beater that you dont mind grinding gears in. Because the rpm range in which the gears will slip together in a helical cut is very narrow and most passenger vehicles have a helical gear box grinding will almost certainly happen from time to time. but if you have a beater go ahead and give it a shot, if you can learn to shift smoothly without the clutch it will teach you to use your tranny much more efficiently

Wait wait wait... You guys can actually find Neutral?? f*ck. I can almost never find it.

Then again, I need to adjust my clutch pretty bad before I ride again...

wtf i always use the cluth to shift up, to shift down i dont use it but when my dad taught me how to ride he said that if you dont use the clutch to shif up it will f*ck up your gearbox,we need to get a word from a real mechanic who knows