Jake Lindahl

Mar 30, 2019
First time making a post. But So my chain popped the day while riding and cracked the case, still rode it with the crack for awhile after I just would add oil before every ride. Eventually I blew the top end.
So I ordered a new top end kit off eBay which came with new gaskets, new cylinder, piston, rings, spark plug. I also ordered a used left case to replace the one that the chain cracked.
I’ve nvr done a bottom end before do this was a first for me. So I pulled the motor and split the cases swapped the cracked left case with the used one I got off eBay and used grey rtv to seal the cases. ( I know I should use three bond, but I didn’t have any). Everything seemed fine crank moves nice and everything seems as it should.
I then rebuilt the top end. Unlike the bottom end I have done about a dozen top end rebuilds and nvr had a problem until now. So I rebuilt the top end put it back one the quad. And could not get it to fire.
Pulled the plug and it was dry so I check the compression and it had 65psi with throttle open. So I pulled the top end back off and put new gaskets on along with another new piston and rings and still no change. Still only had 65psi. I removed the carb thinking maybe it wasn’t getting any air flow and still no change. I even tried using a old head I head laying around to see if anything changed but nothing Did.
I’m stumped and need some advice thx guys.

Was the EBAY kit a Chinese knock off?? If so, there lies the problem... porosity. Never buy that stuff. Alwats buy a OEM cylinder with piston or purchase a cylinder with after market piston and send it KOR! (Ken O'connor Racing) He's on this forum.
Good Luck!

Reactions: Jake Lindahl