Diamond J widening kit

yes, steves right.... remove the shock conversion kit and place your stock shocks in the factory spots... that way they wont bottom out and put stress on you ball joints... no need to buy new arms just for busted ball joints!!
The shock conversion kit is just for that... CONVERSION!! i.e. longer shocks than stock blaster shocks

Reactions: randelator
no.. not really... just because an individual is having trouble gettting their ride dialed in, that does not mean that the kit is "more trouble than its worth" by that logic, there should just be ONE brand of part for all quads then right? nah... i like being able to choose what I want on my quad... thats what makes it mine....
oh, almost forgot, IMO

no.. not really... just because an individual is having trouble gettting their ride dialed in, that does not mean that the kit is "more trouble than its worth" by that logic, there should just be ONE brand of part for all quads then right? nah... i like being able to choose what I want on my quad... thats what makes it mine....
oh, almost forgot, IMO
agree totaly with ya!!!!

i installed the z400 front shocks. much better.

ride height is proper, and tires and not cambered.

here is my new problem...... when i jump... sometimes my quad wants to rotate in the air in a counter-clockwise motion. as i leave the lip of the jump, it starts to rotate.... kinda scary.

could a weak or messed up shock be the culprit? i am guessing that if the the two are not rebounding the same it could cause this.

could improper tire pressure (uneven) cause this?

I just bought this kit too but I didn't buy the shock conversions...I mostly ride on trails with minor jumping...I already have banshee shocks and didn't want to invest more into shocks.

I am excited and anxious to receive my widening kit eventhough my blaster won't be ready for a while.

i finally got mine all set right now.

i was using the banshee shocks with the conversion kit... a no go...

but these z400 fronts feels pretty good. still miles away from my 250R rear shock.. but i can take so many more uneven sections at greater speeds now.

i still bottom the front out every now and then though :(

hey suprex
i am thinkin about getting the widening kit
but i do most mx riding and was wondering if i should get it or not
you sayed that yours bottoms out here and there
is your kit still working out good for ya?

suprex is right the kit does soften the shocks, id had to tighten my springs up just to raise the front end up and prevent bottoming out. and even though yfz450 shocks are expensive they are well worth the money..... suprex are you still bottoming out?