Diamond J widening kit

The kits are ok for the money, from what i've seen. The best part is that it lets you use the longer, better shocks. It doesn't give you all the extra leverage and bump steer of wheel spacers either. And if you would happen to annhilate one of your a-arms on a rock or something, stock ones are cheap as dirt on ebay.

Now, here's what I don't like about them.

-They flat-out look ugly and rigged up
-you still have the short stock suspension travel, vs longer travel with aftermarket arms,
-ball joints on stock a-arms aren't replacable, the whole arm has to be replaced if a joint wears out or breaks.
-All those thick steel brackets add a signifigant amount of weight to the front end.
-They don't come with longer tie rods, they come with a cheap little tie rod extender. Very weak, and I don't think it's even safe. I wouldn't even ride with the extender they give, i'd buy longer rods.

One thing to watch out for when you pick your shock and set them up, is that the shock hits the bump stop before your ball joints bind up. Because you're using longer travel shocks with stock a-arms, you might run into problems. If your ball joints bind before the shock bottoms out you can have a mess on your hands if you ever bottom out hard on a jump, because it could easily break a ball joint or pull it apart, sending you over the handlebars with a cartwheeling quad in close pursuit.

I wouldn't put one of these kits on anything I own, I just don't think they're safe for aggressive riding, but if you're careful you shouldn't have any trouble. I'd just be cautious about pushing the limits with jumping it.

Only thing i can say is goodluck an hope they dont fail on ya.

thanks.. they look solid.. and i can't find anything bad about them... only people saying they have heard bad things... never anything from the source.

i hope they kick ass and they are pretty cheap compared to new a-arms and tie rods. but, we will see.... i will give a full report with video and pics when i get them in, if anyone thinks it would be valuable information.

i got a set for more than a year i weight 195 pnds and do aggressive riding and jumping and so far no prob at all just love them ,if you never experiance something you should never say its no good try-it before bad mouth it!!!

cool.. i'm glad to see some positive words about the kit. do you have the shock conversion kit too?

do the tie rod extensions work well?

cool.. i'm glad to see some positive words about the kit. do you have the shock conversion kit too?

do the tie rod extensions work well?

never hade any trouble with the tie rod extensions ,.and yes i got the shock conversion too but not using it yet i am using shee front shock but planning on elkas,see i got a set of asr +3+1 a arm and i dont feel any diff from the diamond kit to my a arm so its up to ya but like i said just love the kits so far,and no my a-arm are not for sale its a insurance so if and i said if the diamond kit broke i will be up and running again in a afternoon!!!

never hade any trouble with the tie rod extensions ,.and yes i got the shock conversion too but not using it yet i am using shee front shock but planning on elkas,see i got a set of asr +3+1 a arm and i dont feel any diff from the diamond kit to my a arm so its up to ya but like i said just love the kits so far,and no my a-arm are not for sale its a insurance so if and i said if the diamond kit broke i will be up and running again in a afternoon!!!
AWESOME.

ya, i have banshee front shocks too. they are o.k. for now... i have thought about yfz450 fronts though... i think they should be good...

did you get the 4.5 or 6inch kit? i got the 6 inch... hope i didn't over do it.
i have +4 in the rear... figure it would be pretty sweet like that.

AWESOME.

ya, i have banshee front shocks too. they are o.k. for now... i have thought about yfz450 fronts though... i think they should be good...

did you get the 4.5 or 6inch kit? i got the 6 inch... hope i didn't over do it.
i have +4 in the rear... figure it would be pretty sweet like that.

yeah +6 its the way to go ,well install them than tell us wath you think !!!

diamond J ---- installed it!!

i had a buddy come help me install my kit last night.

it took about three hours to install and be satisfied. the instructions were vague, at best. i had to look at the sticker that shipped with it to know how to put the top shock mount on, ha.

it mounted pretty easy and feels very secure. the fact that i can use different shocks now makes me salivate a bit..

so, i rode around for a bit.. popped some wheelies... did some small jumps and got off and checked all the bolts and fittings... they were all tight. ( i will disassemble it soon and use thread-locker). i then went to the big jump and it felt very good. it absolutely makes the shocks softer. i actually bottomed the front shocks out once.

as far as cornering, it obviously looses some of it's tight turning radius, but thanks to the extra six inches in the front ( and my +4 rear ) i can now easily just power into a turn and let the rear end slide around without fear of tipping.

i can now ride in the ruts cut by the larger quads and corner with more authority.

it adds some weight, but not noticeably when riding or riding wheelies.

blasterfull.gif

i just bought one too $76.00 !!! thats a steal went with the 6 inch an got the shock kit too $131 total shipped to my door.. im redoin my whole quad.. hope the good things im hearin about the kit are true

i thought about trying to make a set, you think it would be difficult or do they look pretty simple

i thought about trying to make a set, you think it would be difficult or do they look pretty simple

To actaully make one to the quality of the diamond J kits would be nearly impossible without expensive equipment. Maybe you can rig up something, but I wouldn't trust it. These kits are made very precisely, with very thick steel, and are actaully lazer cut. Then they're powdercoated so they don't rust. For the price they sell for you'd have to be out of your mind to try to make your own.

ok so i take my plasma cutter and cut some out of 1/8 steel and gring the edges and paint them and it will cost all of 40 bucks

o.k...

i need some yfz450 front shocks...... the banshee shocks make the camber terrible.... i think i am hurting my ball joints... and my quad sits low in the front now.....

oh, dear... what have i gotten myself into?

if you dont have the yfz shock , remove the shock extension and attach your stocker to their original place it will fix the prob , thats wath i did!!!