Customized Boot Cleats

York Racing

Apr 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Recently I was working on my Blaster and doing small modifications. I decided to do these for a fee just to hopefully get a small mod shop on it's feet. I'm making custom "Boot Cleats" which I designed myself. They fit on the side of the stock foot pegs and keep your feet in place while jumping, cornering, and just generally riding. I have a pair on mine and they work great. I can customize the cleats depending on the info you give me including terrain that you usually ride or race on, the aggression of the teeth, and the strength of the material. I am also doing foot peg re-teething and foot peg lightening which removes a good 2lbs without reducing strength. So just send me a message or post after this. I don't want to charge much.
383.jpg

not bad for a 1st attempt...deff clean up your idea and make it look more uniform and u could sell them.

The teeth on this are just rough teeth made with an air dremel. I usually use a fine file to hand cut the teeth. and the angle of the cleat can be adjusted. This was just a quick fitting to see how it looked. When I send some out they will be MUCH MUCH better.

i say work on them some more and clean them up better paint em all pretty you gota have a good example product before anyones going to want to buy one

I'm interested.

I would like to see a picture of the 1/8" aluminum version that bolts on the end of the peg though. No tooth sharpening for me. I don't want the foot pegs grinding through my riding shoes, just don't like my foot sliding off the end of the peg.

Sorry sicivicdude I don't have any aluminum made yet. Those lights that are in the latest picture will not tear up anything. The teeth are made for shoes instead of boots.

Nice enterprising idea. You need a sandblaster bro. A siphon blaster and 50lbs of sand only costs $25.
Blast-em over a tarp and you can even recycle the sand. Those pegs would look new in about 10 minutes.