Custom carbon fiber coatings on any plastic or metal part

itstyler

Jan 20, 2011
Ive been getting into hydrocoating and ill be building a large dip tank soon and opening a business for this.

A lot of you guys probably dont know what it is so just check out the pics. Its a very durable finish as strong as any paint and less likely to chip. Im doing it with some friends and we put a lot of time into the prep work to make sure everything gets a nice finish.

Im going to be testing it on some more blaster clutch covers tonight, but because of how the process works and the shape and contours of the blaster clutch cover im not sure if ill be able to do them. There are some limitations wen it comes to the shape of what your dipping but for the most part we can do anything.

We also did a bunch of deer skulls in a camo pattern ill upload pics of those soon. If anybody is interested in getting some parts done pm me and ill give you a good price.

DSC02063.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

DSC02064.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

Honestly havent thought to much about price, i got into it because i work with a local taxidermist and we are using the same method but with camo patters to do deer skulls.

I have several blaster stator covers im going to do and probably try to sell for $40 ($30 for forum supporters) I:I if you consider the average selling price for one of them is $30 on ebay i think the extra $10 is worth it for the carbon coating.

If somebody sent me a stator cover it would probably be like $25. Larger objects would be more and if its something im going to have to put a lot of prep work into ill have to charge a little more.

I really need to do more stuff and see what it costs me before i can set prices, we have only started working with the camo so we havent got into pricing much, i have called competitors and they charge more then i thought they would.

It would be awesome to have all my plastics done in white carbon fiber but I doubt i could afford it lol

Ill be doing a tank cover and hood probably tomorrow, im hoping i get a finish like the suzuki cover in the pic. The stator cover in the pic was actually a different pattern, looks almost the same but uses a different base color i dont like that one as much.

that zuki cover looks super sweet. will it hold up to the temps?

Its not really any different then the oem paint job so it holds up well. We prep and paint it for the most part just like you would anything else, then the carbon pattern is applied. The pattern is ink not paint and once its applied its fused to the base coat, after the pattern is put on it gets a good thick clear coat to protect it.

Plastics are done a little differently in some cases you can apply the graphic directly to the plastic with only a adhesion promoter, this is the ideal way to do it the finish is basically as strong as the plastic.

Reactions: scotj77
Sweet alternative to PC! I'm with scot that was the first thing I thought of was white carbon plastics! But now i'm thinking cherry red carbon fiber would be so awesome!

Good luck I hope to give you some business!

Last edited:
Sweet alternative to PC! I'm with scot that was the first thing I thought of was white carbon plastics!

Good luck I hope to give you some business!

Once i get a bigger tank built i will be able to do complete sets of plastics. Right now my tank is to small for the rear fender.

I had a set of 200X scoops done in carbon fiber a year or so back. It looked real good. I never used them, so I can't say how it holds up. A guy I work with makes mounts for turkey trophy's and he has some of them done somewhere down towards Knoxville TN. I've seen some of the deer scull's like you're talking about, they look cool.

good luck with your new venture tyler, this is very popular right now, especially in the assualt rifle market

i've looked into how to, and also starting to do this < not gonna happen at this time though,

this is the same finish on my remington turkey gun and my bow, both have held up to years of hard abuse, this stuff is tough !!!!

i do have a very large 6 point skull hanging in the garage i'd be interested in getting done in camo, lemme see if i can get it cleaned up a little better and I may be sending it to you ?
it still has some stuff left dried on it though
you have any ideas how to clean it off better down to the bare bone ?
pm me that answer if you'd like.

Last edited:
good luck with your new venture tyler, this is very popular right now, especially in the assualt rifle market

i've looked into how to, and also starting to do this < not gonna happen at this time though,

this is the same finish on my remington turkey gun and my bow, both have held up to years of hard abuse, this stuff is tough !!!!

i do have a very large 6 point skull hanging in the garage i'd be interested in getting done in camo, lemme see if i can get it cleaned up a little better and I may be sending it to you ?
it still has some stuff left dried on it though
you have any ideas how to clean it off better down to the bare bone ?
pm me that answer if you'd like.

Joe's gonna have a new helmet! I:I

Well i spent pretty much all night getting parts ready, tomorrow i should have 5 stator covers, 4 of the little plastic piece on the top of the bumper, and a bunch of ignition back plates done in the carbon and up for sale. If anybody wants some parts done just pm me.

and a frame would be just about impossible to do.

Reactions: blasterfreek30