curious good front shocks

Racer51

May 19, 2011
Northwest Ohio
hi guys whats a good set of front shocks to use leaning twards banshee but what brand for banshee shocks should i look into for a good price I've been scrounging around at Black works shocks. Progressive's for 300 shipped sounds ok if i use them lots but still seams really high to me. and elkas stage 2 shocks ($500-600)are way up there and you cant get just the shocks without the stabalizer at a reasnable price. olihns and pep shocks are typically needing rebuilding. and not worth the already high prices so what should look for? also the fronts are going with a 450R rear shock so i need something that isint going to fight it. thanks guys

would these be a decent price??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Progressive-...9c3d2b&vxp=mtr
also what other kind of front shocks can i use on a stock length a-arm blaster?

Last edited by a moderator:
i ran works dual rate steelers with a 450r rear shock, it was a good combination.
blaster or banshee stock length is what you're looking for.

the progressives appear to be a glorified stock shock with no rezzie

maybe PM member jogaca (kevin) on here, he rebuilds shocks and seems to have some already to trade/buy, does nice work & good prices from what i've seen

i ran works dual rate steelers with a 450r rear shock, it was a good combination.
blaster or banshee stock length is what you're looking for.

the progressives appear to be a glorified stock shock with no rezzie

maybe PM member jogaca (kevin) on here, he rebuilds shocks and seems to have some already to trade/buy, does nice work & good prices from what i've seen

He is rebuilding/powder coating the shocks I got with phrangles bikes. Awesome dude to deal with and you will never beat the prices.

He is rebuilding/powder coating the shocks I got with phrangles bikes. Awesome dude to deal with and you will never beat the prices.

did you get the shock rebuilding tools and swingarm jig from phragle ?
i may be interested in that stuff if you're not planning to use it ?

did you get the shock rebuilding tools and swingarm jig from phragle ?
i may be interested in that stuff if you're not planning to use it ?

I worked out a trade with kevin on the shock rebuilding tools. I didn't get the swingarm jig cause I have no intention of making swingarms.

I worked out a trade with kevin on the shock rebuilding tools. I didn't get the swingarm jig cause I have no intention of making swingarms.

cool, at least the shock tools are going to a good home
wished i'd have asked about the swingy jig before you went to ohio, coulda maybe worked out a deal with rob for you to bring it a little closer to me,
oh well.

would these be any good without rezzies, even though there dual rates?
Works Dual Rate Shovks | eBay

yep, except those sure look like my old shocks that i sold to jays blaster, and he had kevin rebuild, and as far as i thought, he already sold them to herp or gizzy, and now owes them $ or a-arms, and keeps coming up with excuses to not send either.

DO NOT BUY THOSE, if they even exist ?
chances are good you will not receive them.
ask gizzy or herp if those are the ones they already bought months ago ?

Last edited by a moderator:
cool, at least the shock tools are going to a good home
wished i'd have asked about the swingy jig before you went to ohio, coulda maybe worked out a deal with rob for you to bring it a little closer to me,
oh well.

I wished I knew you wanted it. I would have just brought it home and gave it to you. I could have dropped it of on the way to the KOR ride.

I wished I knew you wanted it. I would have just brought it home and gave it to you. I could have dropped it of on the way to the KOR ride.

i'm way out of the way to the KOR ride over here by pittsburgh, but will see you at the KOR ride, if not before here on the mountain I:I

and ehh, i'm not making swingy's to sale, just thinking of trying my hand at a roundhouse for something to do :eek: