Cummins, ♪ to my ears.

TacticalRedneck

Mar 10, 2012
KY
plus.google.com
So,
bought a new (to me) cummins a few days ago.
Shes a 5 speed, 12 valve, new clutch gaskets and front end rebuild, green, has 4" straightpipe, and she sounds good, has a good whistle to.

Heres the sellers pics

picture.php

picture.php

I:I

Reactions: phive70
Yeah man dont get stacks. But that truck is pretty much what every kid in my highschool wants or has lol. (small hillybilly town)

lol thanks guys.. sorry i lost track of this thread. Its a 95, 5 speed. Was asking $4900, i don't know how but i gave him $3900 and it was mine. Planning on hood and cab paint, smoked cab lights, smoked LED taillights, and smoked halo headlights. And in a while i MAY put either a 7" single stack or 6" ausies on it. I really don't need the bed space, because everything i haul won't fit in the truck , so i'm hauling trailers.

Right now i'm tightening bolts everywhere... Bout that time, and it's stinkin hard to tighten stuff on the thing, i hear their all easy to strip out with the aluminum and all.

It will ,now, roal some coal, but take my advice... DON'T go around a big town smoking everyone out whenever you take off or see another diesel... It makes the uneducated environmentalists mad... and then the epa cracks down on us... I always save the smoke for later.

Anyway, i think i got a great deal, considering every other cummins 5 speed was 6 grand +.. i personally like the early 2nd gens and all because of the 12 valve. Not the square bodys though. ;)

Recommend getting one... great fuel milage so far and tons of power. (← i mean that)

yeah, you either love or hate single stacks... i'm still deciding... one single i saw on a white sport ram cummins, was a 6", short stack, didn't even go up to the top of the cab. Sounded AMAZING and looked cool to. I don't think my rig is ready for stacks just yet though. I'd like to do some other stuff to it 1st, then maybe level it, get some mickey thompsons (wheels), and then maybe stack(s). Maybe... ;)

So.... i have decided to get a single stack.. 32" tall (a bit shrter than the cab), 7", and its rolled!

Fooled ya! :D
Ok... really... i'm thinking about getting the stack and using it as a tip! Truck getting ready to get painted and leveled and maybe new hjalo projector headlights with match taillights and smoked cab lights!

i had a 95 . 12 valve just like that but it was the 2 tone silver and green color. i put a 4 inch lift on it . black xd series rims . with toyo open country tires and one black 8 inch stack in the front right of the bed. it was sweeet. i miss it. for the motor work i had 190hp injectors. headstuds. fuel plate removed. gov. springs. airdog fuel pump. built trans. intercooler, oversized turbo. and much more. they are sweet trucks. and with some $$$$ you can make them fast. i ran a 12 flat in a quarter while spinning quater track. i miss my truck but nice scoree

Mines got a... gee... i always forget what kind of clutch it's got... not a south bend... ky clutch maybe? Fuel plate mods.. Wanting bigger injectors and all... but then i need to get all the egt boost fuel psi gauges...................... To much... cheapys are $300!!!! Isspros are $500!!!!!

But no kidding... they are FAST trucks!! I know a guy who made it in diesel power april issue voting with his 950 hp!! cummins on fuel only! Theres hardly a limit!!